Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Belt" to gun 2" rule question/clarification

G-ManBart

Coming soon to a dealer near you! The Ninjer Wedgie! Got love handles? No problem! The Ninjer Wedgie will fix that! Don't like the 2" rule? No Problem! The Ninjer Wedgie is made to 3 different sizes. Love Handle (1" thick), Gamer (2" thick) and the Ultra Wide Fat Boy (3" thick).

The Ninjer Wedgie! So stealthy they won't see it coming!

Coming soon to a dealer near you! The Ninjer Wedgie! Got love handles? No problem! The Ninjer Wedgie will fix that! Don't like the 2" rule? No Problem! The Ninjer Wedgie is made to 3 different sizes. Love Handle (1" thick), Gamer (2" thick) and the Ultra Wide Fat Boy (3" thick).

LMAO

Put me down for 1 gamer model!

Put me down for 1 gamer model!

I told ya so Mark!

But on a more serious note. I also contacted an official regarding the topic. He thought it was a very good issue but he reasoned it like this. "The measurement is to the inside of the inner belt. Since we are all gamers at heart I can see somebody making a 2" thick inner belt to attach the outer belt to."

Now that is the kind of answer we needed in the first place. After talking to him I put a few washers in my DOH and went shooting.

Early CR Speed inner belts are at least 1/4" thinner than the belts sold now. Make your own inner belt from strips of Velcro. Part of 5.2.3 says ... " The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops." Based on this part of the rule you could wear a paper thin dress belt through the pants loops, another thin belt through your holster and ammunition retention devices and secure them together with belt keepers. This is not gaming but taking advantage of a rule as written.

But on a more serious note....

You can place a safe bet that I was serious. The conversations related in my post took place just as described.

If John hadn't raised the issue of Wedgies, someone else was surely going to.

I was actually referring to my post of putting me down for 1 gamer model, which was a tongue in cheek comment.

But on a more serious note....

You can place a safe bet that I was serious. The conversations related in my post took place just as described.

If John hadn't raised the issue of Wedgies, someone else was surely going to.

I was actually referring to my post of putting me down for 1 gamer model, which was a tongue in cheek comment.

Ouch. I'm worried it might be too late to cancel your order. He was anxious to sell that first one since it carries all of the development costs.

On the up side, whoever buys the second one should get a much better price.

:D