Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Load data

Limited Custom

Does anybody using Longshot or Unversal power?

Using Henning's 10.75 Lb spring, I tried 1.16 5.2gn Universal only got 940 FPS / 6.5gn Longshot got 1000+ FPS :huh:

Most of you guys recomment 1.19, I tried 5.2gn only come out 850 FPS, :angry2:

I don't want to try 5.5gn, worry about the kick will be too large. Can somebody give me some advise :)

Just incase you ask why I use Universal or Longshot, cause thats the only 2 type we can get in Canada :(

11lb spring in a Tanfo Limited, 165gn jacketed Montana Gold with 5.8gn Universal Clays, loaded to 1.185 = 170ish PF. works just fine...

Of course its gonna "kick" more than your 5.2gn load, but it makes major powerfactor.

jj

Edit; BTW, you didn't say what bullet you are using...

welcome to BE land!

Edited by RiggerJJ

11lb spring in a Tanfo Limited, 165gn jacketed Montana Gold with 5.8gn Universal Clays, loaded to 1.185 = 170ish PF. works just fine...

Of course its gonna "kick" more than your 5.2gn load, but it makes major powerfactor.

jj

Edit; BTW, you didn't say what bullet you are using...

welcome to BE land!

We don't have much choice in Canada, although most of us like the Montana Gold, but I heard they will not come to Canada any more.

I just use anything I can find in 180 gn :mellow: How much should I use in 180gn :blink:

Also, why do we need longer OAL ? look like everybody loaded 1.17-1.22, I use 1.16 will that create problem?

The longer lengths will improve the gun's realibility.

I don't have a load for 180gn bullets, but you can work up a load yourself with a cronograph and a bit of time. I would guess that its going to take just a bit more powder than what you are using to make major. Universal and 180s should be a nice load. I have no experience with Longshot.

jj