Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Pro trigger

chrisjohn

Finally got around to getting the Brazos Pro trigger set in my new Fat Free 6 inch Trojan and I've am surprisingly satisfied. Pull weight is just under 3 lbs and crisp. I've never seen parts "drop" in quite like these. Granted they've been hand finished and you personally have to get strut/pin into the hammer but at least on a Trojan frame things line up great. Didn't need to adjust safety and passed all safety checks.

So, now that I have no local gunsmith 150 bucks is cheaper than sending out to a competent smith.... But if your frame holes aren't in spec....got a feeling any kit wouldn't work as well.

Finally got around to getting the Brazos Pro trigger set in my new Fat Free 6 inch Trojan and I've am surprisingly satisfied. Pull weight is just under 3 lbs and crisp. I've never seen parts "drop" in quite like these. Granted they've been hand finished and you personally have to get strut/pin into the hammer but at least on a Trojan frame things line up great. Didn't need to adjust safety and passed all safety checks.

So, now that I have no local gunsmith 150 bucks is cheaper than sending out to a competent smith.... But if your frame holes aren't in spec....got a feeling any kit wouldn't work as well.

They are nice parts and do a great job if, as you said, the holes are in spec. They are the same set of parts as the C&S kit, as is the Extreme Engineering kit. I put an EE kit in my Edge and had no problem getting down to 2lbs (give or take) but I set it at 2.5lbs and it's never changed or had any problems. I probably had a solid 75-80% engagement of the sear nose/hammer hooks which is pretty good (from what I understand) for not hand stoning the parts to fit perfectly.

I JUST installed one of these kits on my open shooter. Aside from needing a new thumb safety (the factory STI didn't have any engagement) the install was a breeze. I've run about 500 round through it and am quite satisfied. Its not the trigger Tripp did on my limited gun, but its certainly good enough.

They are the same set of parts as the C&S kit, as is the Extreme Engineering kit. .

I have seen you post this several times and it is incorrect information you are spreading. If you had ever actually looked closely at one of out trigger kits you would realize it.

I'm curious to know the difference? Please tell?

They are the same set of parts as the C&S kit, as is the Extreme Engineering kit. .

I have seen you post this several times and it is incorrect information you are spreading. If you had ever actually looked closely at one of out trigger kits you would realize it.

im about to purchase this kit from your website..can you pls explain what are the differences?..my friend has your kit and i have C&S kit on my limited gun i cant tell the difference

Edited by ogiebb

Hi Bob,

I wish you had said something previously. It's been a year or two since I looked at one of your kits and it's certainly possible I didn't spend enough time to spot the differences.

In the interest of getting the facts out could you give us a quick summary of how they're manufactured or processed differently?

I didn't think to buy one of each, but that would be an interesting comparion. R,

It looks as if the Brazos kit comes with a new mainspring also? That's what I gather from the web photo I saw.

The hammer in my Edge is a factory STI and the sear is a polished EGW, I couldn't be happier. I've also used the Koenig hammer, the C&S, and the EE and all are very workable right out of package. A little stoning makes them even better. I really like the EGW through hardened sear as far as that part goes. Other sears seem to be surface hardened and stoning them can cause them to wear sooner than the EGW.

As far as parts that are included, I think the EE has the sear, hammer and disconnector. Bob's kit has the sear, hammer, ti strut, sear spring, and mainspring.

In terms of the differences in the same parts (sear, hammer), I dunno.

Edited by al503

The hammer is similar but has been re-cut and the hammer hooks polished and fit to the individual sear. The sear is completely different and again is fit to the hammer. The angles are cut to the midpoint of the tolerances that I have found to work best, so that if the pins are a little off it will still work. Both the primary and secondary angles are cut on the sear - again to the midpoint of what I have found works best in the 2011 guns. Usually you will get close to 100% engagement. The strut is titanium (not even in the other kits). It comes with a sear spring (not in the other kits.) I actually re-bend the sear spring and put it in a 2011 to test for tension. Usually the kit will drop in a 2011 with close to full engagement and about 2 1/2 lbs. There is no disconnector in the kit becuase most of the time that part is fine from the factory, and there is no need for it to be in the kit. There is a lot of hand fitting involved in the parts in my kit as opposed to being parts off the shelf and hoping they work together. The C&S and Extreme kits are good and a lot of people have good luck with them but I have tried to do a little more hand fitting so that my kits will work in the 10-20% of the guns that are problems with the other kits (mostly out of spec holes.)

Edited by Brazos Custom

And Bob's got the cool bevels that the EE kit doesn't have (or at least, didn't last time I looked at one...) :lol:

The EE kit actually has the bevel and has for at least two years. In hand the two hammers appear absolutely identical...same bevel, same cuts, etc.

Obviously, hand fitting to the sear (and the polishing etc) is a nice bonus and isn't something you can see to differentiate the two kits. That alone would make it worth it to me to go that route. :)

I have used Bob's trigger kits in 3 of my guns and every single one has supported a 2 pound or less trigger pull with nothing more than a very slight tweak of the main spring. Results in a very crisp trigger. I also had a Limited Pro Series and have an Open Pro Series that have virtually the same trigger and feel. I would heartily recommend his kit for anyone wanting a super trigger upgrade with minimum hassle. Absolutely worth the money compared to other alternatives.

Thanks Bob for making the available and putting up with all the issues that I am sure come up with selling a trigger kit. I've watched enough 1911 trigger jobs to know that the theory may be academic but getting correct results in anything but easy. I might add that the C&S kits are more expensive for a comparable pull weight.

I purchsed a Brazos kit about a year ago and put it in a Taurus and the trigger pull was just over two pounds with no fitting at all. I later took the same kit and dropped it into my STI and it was just under two pounds with no fitting. "Good is as Good does"