Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK, this is loosing it's charm

Canuck223

Getting old sucks. It used to be that when I found myself with a sore {fill in blank}, I'd just try and avoid taxing it at work, pound back the NSAIDS as required, and soldier on.

I wound up with a sore shoulder and elbow a month ago. I switched from Ibuprofen to Tylenol 1's a week ago. This morning, I could barely lift my coffee cup. :wacko:

I try to avoid taking any time off work, but had to eat it today. I'm the foreman, and I've got a problem child on staff. I could have taken today as a "paperwork" day, and just worked from my desk most of the day, but that would have set him off. He's already in dutch with the attendance management committee, and mouthed off that the next time he's sick, he's coming in to read the newspaper all day. :surprise:

Lose the NSAIDS brother. Except for acute serious injuries, they do way more harm than good.

If you need to take something for the pain, take Tylenol.

If you need to control inflammation, that should be done with a combination of icing, loads of omega 3's, and removing inflammation friendly foods from your diet - bread, grains, potatoes are the big ones.

Try a Yoga class! Or Tai Chi. Or Chi Quong. It can make an enormous difference for the indignities that accumulate in the gathering of experience in the world. (I don't like to frame it as getting old myself) It will also improve your shooting. All dis-ease can ultimately be traced to some system that is out of balance. Personally I think Aspirin is really under appreciated as a pain reliever. It's cheap, effective and the onset of side effects is predictable. Not too hard on your liver!! Take it with meals.

These three class suggestions are the foundations of martial arts. They have been refined and practiced by really smart people for at least 5000 years. They are complete, require few if any doo dads or gizmoes to get dusty under your bed. They are completely portable. Look around for a teacher you are comfortable with. Personally I like Iyengar type Yoga because of the engineering like clarity in the alignments.

Like I always say....No pain...no pain!

Got this in my email this morning, hope it makes you smile.

A farmer went out one day and bought a brand new stud rooster for his chickens. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says,

'OK old fart, time for you to retire.'

The old rooster replies, 'Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these chickens. Look what it has done to me. Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?'

The young rooster says, 'Beat it: You are washed up and I am taking over.'

The old rooster says, 'I tell you what, young stud. I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop.'

The young rooster laughs, 'You know you don't stand a chance, old man So, just to be fair, I will give you a head start.'

The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap.

He is only about 5 feet behind the old rooster and gaining fast. The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch, when he sees the roosters running by.

The Old Rooster is squalking and running as hard as he can.

The Farmer grabs his shotgun and - BOOM - He blows the young rooster to bits. The farmer sadly shakes his head and says, 'Dammit ... third gay rooster I bought this month.'

Moral of this Story? ... Don't mess with the OLD FARTS ...

Age, skill, wisdom and a little treachery always overcomes youth and arrogance!