Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using .45 mags for 40sw.

Julien Boit

I tried the Wilson and Chip Power mags in mine and had at least one failure per mag so I ended up getting the 40 cal Tripp mags. That was a mistake because I could not run my Limited ammo loaded to 1.190" in them. Max in the 40 cal mag was 1.150" due to the spacer. But the Tripp 40's did run flawless. So then I bought some Metalform 10mm mags and they ran great. I see alot of guys running the 47d mags in their 40's with no problems though. Just did not work in my gun.

Well, today was the first time I shot my "new to me" Springer 40.

It came with 7 spacer mags, but I load to 1.18" for my Para already so I just tried a bunch of 8rd CMC Shooting Star 45 mags I already had.

I shot maybe 100rds this morning just to try it out and just got home from our usual Tuesday night steel match and I'm happy to report it ran 100% both this morning and at the match.

This am I found some mags didn't lock the slide back, but a little tweaking (and soon to be respringing) and they all run 100% now.

Keep your eyes open on the classified if you need spacer mags, at least 5 will be up there pretty soon........