Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patrick Swayze

Rather-B-Huntin

Per MSN news headline, actor Patrick Swayze passed away today at age 57.

Though he made several "girlie" flicks, he also played some pretty kickass parts and seemed to be gun friendly.

My prayers to his family in their time of loss. He suffered considerably. Though the loss is bitter, the knowledge that the suffering is over must help.

Edited by Rather-B-Huntin

I took someone in to live with me once while they died of prostate cancer. It is an ugly, ugly, asskicker of a way to check out of life. Like Jake said, Swayze fought it to the end and never once whined about it. Nicely done Patrick. Vaya con Dios.

Edited by Neomet

I took someone in to live with me once while they died of prostate cancer. It is an ugly, ugly, asskicker of a way to check out of life. Like Jake said, Swayze fought it to the end and never one whined about it. Nicely done Patrick. Vaya con Dios.

Nice "Point Break" reference... that was a good flick.

He died with his boots on.

I liked Road House, Red Dawn, and Point Break.

What a guy. I read quotes where he was guessing about his time left. Maybe 2 years. Maybe 5. Hoping for a solution, but also being a realist.

I don't celebrate him dying, but I do appreciate how he lived.

I imagine he's passing those pearly gates now, and I think he's chuckling that Michael Jackson isn't there to greet him . . .

Jack

Yep agree with all the earlier comments but for some reason my favorite role was as Adrian opposite Chris Farley in the Chippendale's skit on SNL. I appreciate anyone who can laugh at themselves.

Yeah, that will always be one of my favorites. I ran into him walking his dogs one afternoon. Nice, and friendly, didn't pull the "star" thing at all. If you didn't know he was a star, you just wouldn't have been able to tell. Just some handsome couple with their ridgebacks. That solidified it for me that he was a real person down to the core.

Favorite Swayze movie...Next of Kin. Mostly cause his "family" is just like mine... :surprise:

My favorite movie too although Road House was good too. I'm going to FL to winter with my family from KY. Looking forward to it. My Uncles and male Cousins always had a 1911 in their bib overhauls. B)

Edited by Gary1911A1