Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Brister

ken hebert

Fellow benos family, one of my long time shooting friends, John Brister, was seriously injured about 3 weeks ago in a vehicle accident. Following a friend to their hunting lease to do repairs before the season starts, they were driving in southern Louisianna when a drunk driver crossed into oncoming lanes. The vehicle in front of John swerved at the last minute, but for John there was virtaully no time to react and they met head-on at highway speeds. John sufferd very sever injuries: arm and shoulder broken, both legs broken, one in several places, some internal injuries (IIRC) and a concussion. He was Life Flighted out to a nearby trauma center, and after some days of stabilizing his condition was then transferred to Houston.

John, working for a local gun store for many years, has no health insurance himself. It is my belief, but I do not know for sure, that the drunk driver was not insured. Johns wife is now at his side assisting him with his injuries in the hospital. It is estimated that he will be over a year in therapy regaining the use of both legs and will never be 100% again. Medical bills are rising and without his income the family situation is ... Well, you get the idea.

I know that times are tight all over the country, but local shooters in the Texas South Section are stepping up to assist us in a benefit match for John to be held Oct 3 at the Orange Gun Club. All match proceeds and donations will go to John's family, as will club funds we have set aside to donate.

If any one here has the ability to make a donation to help the family, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Ken

(donation address, to the treasurer of my home club, also Johns employer)

(edit to add: checks payable to SETPS. they will be put together and our club will pay her out one check with all proceeds)

Richard Presutti

treasurer/ SETPS

309 West Verdine #3

Sulphur, LA 70663

Edited by ken hebert