Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHO is GOING ?

:roflol:

"We" are trying to get 1X red dot sights (RDS) to be legal for the rifle in the USPSA's Limited Division.

Whats the point of that? I thought we already had a division for people with one optic. (nm, found the other thread about it)

Shooting tactical at the nationals....

Edited by gose

Because for most people 1X red dots aren't as fast on the long targets as a 1X-4/6X(etc.) optic. That's why RDS aren't very popular in Tactical.

And yet RDS are extremely popular as a rifle sighting system. For a new RDS shooter where can they compete? In Tactical and Open --- where they would get trounced if there are long range targets.

So their options are 1) to continue to get trounced, 2) buy another optic/upper (spend more $$$ and not be able to practice with their primary choice for a rifle sight) or 3) screw it all and not play.

I would rather have them come and play. And I would rather them not have to buy another sight/upper to participate and be competitive.

So either we make another division, we put them in Limited or we only allow unmagnified optics in Tactical. I'd rather not have another division. And the last is IMHO stupid. So... allow them in Limited.

From the other thread, the majority of the iron sight shooters don't think RDS is all that. The iron sight shooters think they will stomp the guts out of the RDS shooters. The great majority of Limited shooters don't mind if RDS becomes legal in Limited.

Edited by Religious Shooter

For any for of RDS being allowed in Limited Division it would require action by the BOD in the form of a rules change to so allow. The BOD meets in December after the nationals so there is no chance there will be a rules change between now and the 2009 Nationals to allow RDS in Limited Division.

I'll be chasing you all - R/O.

We had hoped to shoot at least a few stages in some sort of a staff match but it sounds as though we shouldn't count on it. No big deal - I don't shoot all that well anyway!

Pat, you should run HM - that’s always a real good show.

Looking forward to seeing all of you,

Earl

I'll be chasing you all - R/O.

We had hoped to shoot at least a few stages in some sort of a staff match but it sounds as though we shouldn't count on it. No big deal - I don't shoot all that well anyway!

Pat, you should run HM - that’s always a real good show.

Looking forward to seeing all of you,

Earl

Thank you VERY much for your continuing efforts to help us have a fun and safe time!

I find this very odd......... but now that USPSA has adopted Heavy Metal as DIVISION they are not going

to recognize it at the Nationals (it will be a special category and subset of Limited)

Patrick (looks like I will be running glass) Kelley

TWO heavy metal divisions, actually. HM-Limited and HM-Tactical.

I can't think of a reason why the couldn't run them as full-up divisions. Since they can modify the file in ezwinscore that defines the various divsions, it's a simple exercise to add these two. I'm doing it for Area 6 Multigun.

I can't think of a reason why the couldn't run them as full-up divisions. Since they can modify the file in ezwinscore that defines the various divsions, it's a simple exercise to add these two. I'm doing it for Area 6 Multigun.

You are correct USPSA has provisions for both HM Iron and Optic.

The "reason" has nothing to do with a scoring program. My understanding is it is not being recognized "by choice".

From the official entry form.

Class (circle one): GM M A B C D U Category (circle one): JR SS SR FEM HEAVY METAL

Division: Open Standard Tactical Rifle: Major/Minor Pistol: Major/Minor Shotgun: Major

No DIVISION for HM Iron or Optic. It makes it difficult to enter a division not available.

What light might you shed on this sir?

Patrick

The "reason" has nothing to do with a scoring program.....

No DIVISION [on the form] for HM Iron or Optic. It makes it difficult to enter a division not available.

Well, for all the rest of us running multigun matches, it would have a very big something to do with the scoring program, as ezws currently won't let you register people in HM-Limited or HM-Tactical.

What light can I shed beyond that? None. I just can't understand why they wouldn't treat the 2 HM's as real divisions, unless they just think HM won't draw enough to meet the requirements for recognition in the match.

Edited by wgnoyes

You are correct USPSA has provisions for both HM Iron and Optic.

The "reason" has nothing to do with a scoring program. My understanding is it is not being recognized "by choice".

From the official entry form.

Class (circle one): GM M A B C D U Category (circle one): JR SS SR FEM HEAVY METAL

Division: Open Standard Tactical Rifle: Major/Minor Pistol: Major/Minor Shotgun: Major

No DIVISION for HM Iron or Optic. It makes it difficult to enter a division not available.

Patrick

I have asked the question to those who are higher up the food chain than me. Will keep you posted.

Chris