Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two months of no walking

High Lord Gomer

Well, at least two months before I can put any weight on my left leg. I'll be on crutches until then.

I had been getting back into riding a bit with the kids and my new-to-me bike with an auto-clutch basically died on the face of a jump. Yard-sale down the track with broken Gomer pieces.

I hope to be walking by the AMU Junior Camp in November.

Well, at least two months before I can put any weight on my left leg. I'll be on crutches until then.

I had been getting back into riding a bit with the kids and my new-to-me bike with an auto-clutch basically died on the face of a jump. Yard-sale down the track with broken Gomer pieces.

I hope to be walking by the AMU Junior Camp in November.

ill be at the camp

Yard-sale down the track with broken Gomer pieces.

You know the rules...useless with out pics... :roflol:

Good luck with the re-hab!

Nothing really interesting to see, but...

http://themxtrack.com/GomerTibeaSmall.jpg

(It isn't graphic but just in case some don't want to see it).

They put a plate and screws to hold the top of the tibia back together (5 or 6 pieces). I also broke 3 transverse processes off the back of my lower vertebra, but they said there was nothing they could do with those.

wow...sorry about that...I really meant pix of the crash. I had a big spill back a few years ago at a race...tons of people around...I still expect to see that one on someone's funniest home video show...wasn't too funny to me when I hit the tree mid air though...or when I finally hit earth...

Good luck and listen to the docs...I guess we'll see you logged in a bunch :-)

wow...sorry about that...I really meant pix of the crash. I had a big spill back a few years ago at a race...tons of people around...I still expect to see that one on someone's funniest home video show...wasn't too funny to me when I hit the tree mid air though...or when I finally hit earth...

Good luck and listen to the docs...I guess we'll see you logged in a bunch :-)

A pretty good rider once told me "you get a lot more traction when the wheels are on the ground". :rolleyes:

Heal fast HLG.

Edited by CenTX

Holie crap, Mike! :surprise: You're too old to be getting vehicles off the ground, bro. You keep at this you're next fun-mobile will be from The Scooter Store. Do you know how bas it's gonna suck taking your boy to matches and just sit there and watch? I mean... you'll keep taking the boy to matches, RIGHT? <_<

Seriously, heal well and quickly my friend.

• 1 year later...

Update: A year later and some of the pieces of the bone did not heal together. I asked the doc how many pieces I had broken the bone into and he said he didn't bother to count them, so it must have been more than a few. Now I have to go back in so they can clean out between the pieces, pack it with Miracle-Gro, and put new plates and screws in. This time I'll have to stay completely off it for at least 3 months.

When he told me I told him we had to schedule it for the day after Tommy and I get back from the L10 nationals. Boz doesn't know it but he is going to carry me around on his shoulders like Master Blaster from Thunderdome.

Mike sorry to hear that. (we met at the 08 junior camp, BTW). Use the money that you would be spending on ammo for this http://www.roll-a-bout.com/modelsprices.html

There are places that rent these as well.

After I broke my ankle, I was actually MORE mobile than on 2 feet. The folks at work called me "scooter".

I hope you heal fast, and are pain free once your recovered.

I like to shoot, and I like to ride just as much, 2 great hobbies.

Crutch's suck, but your mobile. I broke my left knee and was no load for 8 months, it totally sucked.

Best wishes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time at the Nationals. I wish I could blame my performance on my leg but the reaily was I was just slow. Got back Wednesday and had surgery Thursday. Some good news after surgery Thursday. Some of the bone has healed and because of that he was able to leave the plate and screws in. He cleaned out between and around the pieces that weren’t fused, scraped them back down to bleeding bone, packed them with BMP (miracle-gro for bones), and zipped it back up. The best part is that I will likely only be completely off it for 6-8 weeks instead of the 3 months he had originally told me. Because of all the digging around he had to do it has hurt worse this time than the last time. In the hospital I was getting Demerol as often as they would stick it in me. I got sent home with Dilaudid and was hitting that pretty hard Friday and Saturday. Haven’t taken anything today so I think I should be over it. I know Michelle is going to flip out but I plan on getting back to work sometime this week.

Mike,

I'm glad you're on the mend. Geez you really toughed it out, I had no idea you were having problems with your leg, I didn't notice it. BTW it was great meeting you and your son and thanks again for everything. Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy, you've earned it. I can definitely feel a bit of tightness after those 18 COFs and I didn't have surgery :D

Jeremy