Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR-15 COMPENSATORS Part Two!

P.E. Kelley

Actually someone had mentioned the same thing earlier in this topic or the other one, when they mentioned that the shortest manufacturer had the biggest comp!!!! and made the comment what is he compensating for!!!

Post#26. mikey pinto

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

super cool! Now part three can be about modding the comps, tuning them.

+1

After reading the article and talking to Benny Hill about modifications to my rolling thunder comp I added an extra hole in the 3 o'clock position and opened up the top port one drill bit size. WOW! I thought the rifle shot well offhand before but the way it shoots now isn't even fair! :cheers:

After reading the article and talking to Benny Hill about modifications to my rolling thunder comp I added an extra hole in the 3 o'clock position and opened up the top port one drill bit size. WOW! I thought the rifle shot well offhand before but the way it shoots now isn't even fair! :cheers:

Could you please elaborate on that? Possibly show pics? Very interested! Thanks in advance.

Could you please elaborate on that? Possibly show pics? Very interested! Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to a similar thread with pics. How I tuned my Rolling Thunder by Jesse Tischauser

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent article Mr. Kelley....an inexpensive mod that softens the popular Miculeck comp...continue thru the threads with the minor diameter drill and open up the rear wiper to that diameter (not at the shop so don't have the dimensions) continue 1/2 x 28 threads to rear port. Get rid of the lock nut and install with a peel washer to clock the comp.

regards Les