Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I shoot 3 gun because....

For me, it's because there isn't a 3 gun match every weekend within driving distance. The pistol portions is my least favorite at a 3 gun match, but I suspect that's only because I've shot pistol matches for 8 years and just got into 3 gun last year.

Edit- Too much sun and beer today. That's completely incoherent!

What I should have said is the only reason I still shoot pistol matches is because there isn't a 3 gun match every month! I'd give up pistol matches completely to shoot 3 gun once a month!

Edited by Bryan 45

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot 3-Gun because:

1) It takes more thinking. Putting it all together is more fun than just a one gun match.

2) 3 guns IS way more fun :cheers:

3) Even with the extra equipment, it is well worth it. (Pistol matches are SO EASY to get ready for now!)

4) In any stage in any match, I do something...well not quite right, but in 3-Gun, I have a chance to say, I shot my ____ gun well on that stage!!!

5) I've learned to really enjoy long guns and the other kinds of long gun matches are a little slow for me!! (Okay, I'm a little slow for 3-Gun, but still!)

6) The coolest people in the world shoot 3-Gun with me! :cheers:

Denise

I shoot 3-Gun because:

1) It takes more thinking. Putting it all together is more fun than just a one gun match.

2) 3 guns IS way more fun :cheers:

3) Even with the extra equipment, it is well worth it. (Pistol matches are SO EASY to get ready for now!)

4) In any stage in any match, I do something...well not quite right, but in 3-Gun, I have a chance to say, I shot my ____ gun well on that stage!!!

5) I've learned to really enjoy long guns and the other kinds of long gun matches are a little slow for me!! (Okay, I'm a little slow for 3-Gun, but still!)

6) The coolest people in the world shoot 3-Gun with me! :cheers:

Denise

+1

1. It allows me to rationalize the purchase of some $1,000 to $1,500 AR that I built...err...assembled. If it wasn't for 3 gun competitions or rifle side matches it would just sit and collect dust...and I would wonder if I would be better off with the $1,500 back in my pocket.

The $600 Remmie Tacti-cool and the $200 Remmie Lemon-Hunnert Fudd Gun I guess get rationalized too.

2. Like Religous Shooter, to prepare for the upcoming revolution...ya know...when the S hits the fan. Ya know...when the zombie hordes are gonna be out on the prowl. :roflol:

3. 3 gun matches are fun. Outside of parachuting and rappelling out of helicopters, it is about the biggest adrenaline rush I get (with my clothes still on)

4. Cameraderie getting to the match, while at the match, and on the way back home from the match

5. I do get to test and experiment with my equipment and ammo/loads and figure out what works and what doesn't.

6. It reminds me of my "glory days" when I was younger and in shape and [bill Murray voice on] did "Army training, SIR!"

[/voice]

Edited by Chills1994

Because I enjoy the people more.....

The 3 Gun community has not developed the arrogance of one side of the handgun shooters or the intolerance and inflexibility of the other and is absent the snobbery of the shotgun shooting clan.

.02 from me... :ph34r:

Didn't vote, but I do like chicken. I would have starved to death years ago if it wasn't for yard birds.

Three gun is more challenging (not that I ain't challenged enough with one gun), the people are real friendly, there are usually cooler stages and props. It is just all around plain fun :cheers:

Hurley

Because some of the Aliens don't fall when I shoot them with pistols, shotguns are better suited but don't reach past the back fence, and rifles allow me to get more of them before they are in tractor beam range. Some Aliens do taste like chicken. It is way more challenging, and keeps me shooting long guns.