Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

having the BATF/FED's visit you @ the house?

i visited with my FFL buddy..... i was picking up a few stripped lowers (spikes tactical has them on special for 89 bucks!) for my AR's im throwing together to go shoot pigs with (JSE has complete uppers for 375!)

ok so any case he looked at me and goes

him-

"you'll never guess what happened yesterday"

me-

:blink:

him-

"big brother visited me, and audited me. over 6 hours of auditing with the BATF, going over my paper work and transaction logs. they took down every name and address of every AR15 and every AK47, along with some other "key word" guns....."

me-

:surprise:

so i had heard rumors that the BATF had sent more people to the south texas area to help "battle" the "massive amounts" of "illegal and non serialized" guns.

apparently they are going to all the peoples houses that bought these guns and asking to see them......... and ask if they still have them.

wow.

unfortunately, if they dont have a warrant, they will NOT be crossing the thresh hold of my front door, but still, to have big brother come do a "check up" on key people, just because of what they purchased is kind of nuts.

he said 3 people have contacted by big brother, and are PISSED about them coming.... i mean whats my FFL to do? he is just complying with the BATF and showing them his records.... he's required to do that, and they wrote down some key people that they thought looked "fishy".........

my FFL was saying the lady who audited him was saying stuff like "wow this guy looks like he's up to no good...."

how do you come up with that looking at paper? :roflol:

how or who looks fishy on paper when they fill the paperwork out and pass the phone call?

im suggesting others in the houston/southern texas area to maybe make sure the wife/SWIMBO know NOT to let anyone in, unless they show a warrant.

thoughts?

~halogrinder

Press release from the NRA about this.

There have been stories on some websites about the BATF asking to look a people's privately owned ARs and other "ugly rifles" to see if the person is involved in gun running. As stated before, without a warrant or probably cause, the gov't can't enter your home or conduct a search.