Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting matches in different US States

pmd

One of my goals has been to visit every US state.

I've been thinking - I do enjoy traveling to matches (SCSA, USPSA, etc) and shooting at different ranges.

To date I've been to matches in 16 States - If I could swing about 2 matches a year in a new State I could have shot a match in every state by the time I'm 60 (Depending on the work $ situation).

Or maybe I should just wait till I retire and be a Nomad shooter.

How many states have you been to?

Any one shot every state in the US?

just wondering...

Haven't shot a match in every state, but I've been to every state except Hawaii. Actually seen the state from back roads and state routes is more accurate. If you want to experience a state stay off the freeways.

The last few states I went to... up until then I didn't have a goal of going to every state. I was in Massachusetts doing something, shooting a match probably, and had a week to kill before the next Area Match. I was looking at the map thinking, hmmm, where do I want to go. When I realized that Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire were the only 3 states I hadn't been to. So I headed north. Maine was awesome. The weather was just turning nice (early summer) and the people were awesome. Deinitely near the top of my list for the "nice people/state" category.

be

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've shot matches in only 3 states, Colorado, Indiana and Montana.

I've been to 40 states, states I haven't been to are:

Idaho

North Dakota

South Dakota

Oklahoma

Louisiana

Alabama

Arkansas

Mississippi

Alaska

Oregon

Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Florida, Arkansas, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Nebraska, Iowa, Louisiana and some places further North...

Edited by trickpony

Are we listing states we have shot in? or are we listing states we have visited? If the later, many of us can add a significant number I would think.

I said 11 for places I've shot a match (so far) Visited or at least driven through easily an additional 20.

Jim

Are we listing states we have shot in? or are we listing states we have visited? If the later, many of us can add a significant number I would think.

I said 11 for places I've shot a match (so far) Visited or at least driven through easily an additional 20.

Jim

Jim,

I was asking about states that you shot a match in.

Thanks for the replys..

California(all over northern cali)

Oregon( medford,sherwood-tricounty, and lets notforget dundee, home ofthe ballistic banzai, 8 stages 400 rds minimum, 50 rds per stage)

Nevada( reno, and las vegas)

Texas (only once in the great state, but man, kudo's to the shirley skinner classic in Waco)

Illinois( Barry forthe nats that almost wernt in 01)

North Dakota( cut my teeth on competition shooting while stationed there, nuttin like bowling pin touneys in 20 below weather, tho you dont pick up your brass till may)

Got to thinking about matches I've shot and realized I left out a state, Arkansas. Shot a great match in abysmal weather there this last spring.

Brings the states up to 12. Only 38 to go for a grand slam tour.

Anyone have the winning numbers for tonight's lottery???

Jim

Well let's see:

Tennessee

Mississippi

Arkansas

Louisiana

Texas

Kentucky

Missouri

Indiana

Ohio

New York

Idaho

Florida

Georgia

North Carolina

Alabama

Oklahoma

Illinois

That's it for now (17), but next year we'll add Hopefully Hawaii South Carolina (maybe later this year) at least.

Hop

Edited by hopalong