Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buy Powder/Primers while you can...

kgunz11

Good thing the local shop just got in 10k Wolf and Freedom Gunworks has them (for now) readily flowing. Guess I'll become part of the hoarding crowd.

I just got a batch of Wolf Small Rifle (copper colored) for use in 40S&W and super. Wideners advised the magnum or 223 rifle versions are needed for use in an AR, but I went with the regular rifle for the handguns since I wanted a bit extra cup strength for the super (no need for the extra strength in the 40, but I wanted to standardize on one small primer).

I have been very pleased with the quality, and have not experienced any problems with seating or making them go bang.

with what gun?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Rob, but I use SR primers in both my STI framed Viper (38S), my Brazos BCG Pro Limited (40). Used to use them for my G34. I keep hearing Wolf advising using the 223 primers for AR's. That'll be the next trial to see if the regular ones are fine in a rifle.

Rich

Good thing the local shop just got in 10k Wolf and Freedom Gunworks has them (for now) readily flowing. Guess I'll become part of the hoarding crowd.

I just got a batch of Wolf Small Rifle (copper colored) for use in 40S&W and super. Wideners advised the magnum or 223 rifle versions are needed for use in an AR, but I went with the regular rifle for the handguns since I wanted a bit extra cup strength for the super (no need for the extra strength in the 40, but I wanted to standardize on one small primer).

I have been very pleased with the quality, and have not experienced any problems with seating or making them go bang.

with what gun?

Wolf Small Rifle work in my gock 24 with a Vanek tripper so they work well with light springs.

Anybody want to try some Wolf Small Pistol and report back to us what they find?

I just went through 200 without a hiccup. Only one failed to seat, (I think there was an issue with that piece of brass) but they were a bit harder to seat than CCI. Other than that, they all went bang. I haven't chronographed them as of yet. I'm running them in my CZ TS in .40. If you want to send me some thoug I'll load them up and run them through my BHP 9mm, and S&W 38 spl. ;)

Jimmy

I wish I could say he was, but he wasn't. He wasn't able to sell me anything, and that is what started the conversation.

I see that you are getting a LOT of PMs over this......

No Sir, not really. The PM box is full with mag tuning instructions and stuff. I need to go in and clean some of the old stuff out. Email addy is in the sig line.

Well... You can look at my most recent picture (my avatar) and tell I am not happy with this continuing primer shortage... :devil:

been running them for over a year, I bought 70 lbs from powder valley for get this 18 per k bout a year and a half ago or so, Didnt know the shortage was coming just wanted to max out under one hazmat fee.

No problems at the chrono, no problems going bang, the do seem to either be harder or not as round as winchesters because they dont load as easily. I shoot them in a .40 STI Eagle with a 18lb mainspring and the rest factory parts.

I've got about 15k and there is no way that will last with how much I shoot. Although I have slowed a lot lately I need at least 50k to get through the year and that would be cutting my shooting in half.

ammoload or camdex ?

Dillon 550! :P

I'm not shooting anywhere near that anymore.

Edited by JThompson

I wish I could say he was, but he wasn't. He wasn't able to sell me anything, and that is what started the conversation.

I see that you are getting a LOT of PMs over this......

No Sir, not really. The PM box is full with mag tuning instructions and stuff. I need to go in and clean some of the old stuff out. Email addy is in the sig line.

Well... You can look at my most recent picture (my avatar) and tell I am not happy with this continuing primer shortage... :devil:

The curious case of Merlin Orr?