Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buy Powder/Primers while you can...

kgunz11

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get enough to last you for a while. There is going to be another dry spot coming the first of the year so expect shortages with powder and primers.

Did they mention anything about bullets? I'm good on primers and powder but I will need bullets soon. I wonder if I should go into debt a bit for a big bullet order?

Chris

And what, pray tell, would be the reason this time? Did they elaborate?

Global warming! :roflol:

You know, it would not surprise me in the least!

There is no "Global Warming". Now the buzz words are "Climate Change"

That way whether it warms up or cools down, there is "climate change", and it's all our fault. :angry2:

My industry resource reminded me this morning of the typical shortages involved with the beginning of each new year. For many years in the firearms industry, large orders are received from super manufacturing facilities for contracts they need to fill during the following year. I was told to expect things to be worse in 2010 than they were in the Spring of 2009 because the market is in such bad shape already. This is going to compound the current shortages we are seeing. The fact that ATK has several NEW contracts with its operations with the DoD's Lake City Armament, and they control a major portion of the market with their ownership of so many of the reloading companies. This information came to me from someone working closely with one of the largest names in the reloading component industry, Hodgdon powders.

Can we sell our investments in gold and buy stock in powder companies?

Has anyone read the information about the Cerberus Company Holdings and them being in financial woes? Cerberus being the folks that are largely vested in Remington, Marlin, DPMS, and Bushmaster. When financial advisors want to start pulling their money out of a company in the tune of $5.5 Billion, it doesn't look good.

Cerberus being the folks that are largely vested in Remington, Marlin, DPMS, and Bushmaster. When financial advisors want to start pulling their money out of a company in the tune of $5.5 Billion, it doesn't look good.

Uh oh! :mellow: That really sux...

This has been said before= gun controll begins

with the shortages of making ammo- with having

nothing to load, the firearms can be used as clubs,

as none will be usabale as a firearm, due to the fact

that no one will be able to make ammo!! This will be

better than the control of the firearm it self :ph34r:

Think about it- no ammo= NO BANG :angry2:

:closedeyes:

Gasoline was supposed to be at least $4.50 a gallon again this summer. :rolleyes:No one knows with any degree of certainty what kind of supply vs demand conditions will exist in 3-6 months. That's all I got to say on this one.

Jim

What gets me is that big business is CONSTANTLY finding ways to outsource overseas, why can't they apply the same to this type of product. Its not like we have the only military in the world and you know damn well that we don't make primers and powder for entire world. I really surprised that manufacturers in other coutries haven't jumped on this opportunity.

I know I'm sounding paranoid but I think the fed is buying up everything. A combination of the ongoing Afganistan war and possible antigun people in the fed thinking it is a good idea for this stuff not to be available.

Tinfoil hat mode. :ph34r:

Chris

Both of these 2 things have entered my mind as well. But at the same time I know where I work we go thru approx. 500k to 1 million rounds A DAY. Depending on the schedule, so who knows.

I know I'm sounding paranoid but I think the fed is buying up everything. A combination of the ongoing Afganistan war and possible antigun people in the fed thinking it is a good idea for this stuff not to be available.

Chris

Both of these 2 things have entered my mind as well. But at the same time I know where I work we go thru approx. 500k to 1 million rounds A DAY. Depending on the schedule, so who knows.

Huh? :surprise: Sounds like you might be a drug dealer in one of our fine city's hoods!

Chris

Huh? :surprise: Sounds like you might be a drug dealer in one of our fine city's hoods!

LOL, Come on Top. You of all people should be able to figure this on out. Just take look at the map.

Get enough to last you for a while. There is going to be another dry spot coming the first of the year so expect shortages with powder and primers.

Maybe you accidenatlly got over stocked on primers and you are trying to cause a panic to sell them? :lol: