Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle range distances

mpeltier

Do to the topic in another discussion I am curious what distances the clubs around the country shoot action rifle at. Weather it is USPSA or outlaw format matters not. If you all can post the club and location and then the max distance of your rifle shots it might paint a picture of what is or is not more prevalent. Ill start with the clubs I know of here in Florida

SFPC, South florida= less than 100yds

CFRPC, central florida= less than 100yds

Hernando = 200yds

Many thanks to those that choose to participate.

The rifle range in the Ocala National Forest is 100 yards, the range in the Osceola National Forest in Lake City, Florida is 200 yards, with two 50 yard pistol ranges next to the 200 yard range. I grew up in Ocala and Gulf Hammock, now live in Micanopy, FL. Do you ever shoot at the range in Williston? It's out by the airport. They use the bunkers that they used to test the 50 cal guns on the B17's from WWII as the berm. There is an indoor range in Micanopy, next to Harry Beckwith's Gunshop, that should be re-opened soon (new owners).

Our club, www.wtps.us not far from Lubbock Tx has one bay that can have shots to 200yds or a little more but we normally keep things down to a little over 100. We also have a bay that can go @75yds or so for rifle. The rest of our bays are maxed out @40yds or less.

MLM

35yds, red dot is perfect!!!!!!! :roflol:

trapr

This time.. I'll agree with you.. lol

Most all western clubs seem to have at least 200yds... many 300yds.. and a few much further..

I always thought it was more geographic than anything else.

CFRPC, central Florida= less than 100yds

The CFR&PC has a 300 yard range, and years ago we used it for 3-gun.

Currently the 3-gun match takes place on the Action range, and the longest range available is about 40 yards.

Our last match (yesterday) we used some air soft IPSC targets, both classic and metric, this worked well.

Edited by AK74

Island of Hawaii

Glenwood range (7 miles from the volcano's vent;if the wind is not right it is uninhabitable)

Home of the Big Island Gun Club

200 yards max but rarely shoot action rifle beyond 80Yards for some unclear reasons.

Rich

Rio Salado goes to 500 yards.

Ben Avery goes to 1,000 yards.

Are these 1000 yard ranges being used for 3gun :blink: Those 1000 yard shots would be tough for my heavy metal iron sights. :rolleyes:

Randy

You beat me too it. I asked for yardages that were bieng used for Action rifle matches NOT max distance of a range you know of. What is the max distance at these matches????? 1000 yds?? :surprise: