Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Match

Bob Westgate

Picked up my new 45 cal Match today and guess what! They now have a Picatinny rail. This may be a good thing for folks who like to hang things on their guns but now they do not fit holsters made for the match.

But shooting was a joy. Put factory 230 grain ball,reloads of 230 Grain JHP, 185 grain JHP and 200 grain lead SWC's. All shot great with the only problem being that the magazines did not like the lead bullets. They would hang up and not feed.

Recoil was a non-issue. Felt like I was shooting a 9. Accuracy with all rounds was better than I expected with the first 10 rounds with the factory ball was one ragged hole at 20 feet.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the Match. Looking forward to putting a lot of rounds down range.

Bob Westgate

Bob,

Thanks for the pictures you emailed me. Yepp... they've created a new frame with the picatinny rail. I wonder if even EAA knew they were coming out with the frame rail.. nobody was told the factory changed the model. I'll call EAA and get the details of it.

Picked up my new 45 cal Match today and guess what! They now have a Picatinny rail. This may be a good thing for folks who like to hang things on their guns but now they do not fit holsters made for the match.

But shooting was a joy. Put factory 230 grain ball,reloads of 230 Grain JHP, 185 grain JHP and 200 grain lead SWC's. All shot great with the only problem being that the magazines did not like the lead bullets. They would hang up and not feed.

Recoil was a non-issue. Felt like I was shooting a 9. Accuracy with all rounds was better than I expected with the first 10 rounds with the factory ball was one ragged hole at 20 feet.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with the Match. Looking forward to putting a lot of rounds down range.

Bob Westgate

Can you post a few pictures of the rail on your new match? Thanks.

Lee

• 5 months later...

It has a rail. I picked it up today. Im thinking of heating up my blade tech holster when it comes in and see if I can make it fit. I just test fitted it in my XDm 40 holster and it fits pretty good. I had to crank down on the two screws to get it snug, but there is a little front to back movement.