Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Carts

I just picked up a used baby stroller type shooting cart for a good price. I planned on using it for my first match this month at the Arkansas multi gun match.

Are these baby strollers allowed at most matches?

If they are allowed how do you place the guns?

Do you place the guns pointed muzzle down at a 30-45 degree angle which seems the safest?

Or muzzle up which just looks bad because of the angle of the guns points them directly at the the pusher of the cart?

Muzzle down.

+1

Safer... plus the water will drain out of them during the DOWNPOURS when you visit the Topton 3 gun.. :roflol:

Thats why a rain cover for your cart is a must. I use a large trash bag.

I hadn;t thought of that. I'll add one of those big thick contractor bags to my gear tonight.

Large trashbags and Gallon size ziplocs are always in my shooting bag....

The ziplocs come in handy for keeping stuff like rulebooks, match booklets and scoresheets dry, and can be used as emergency timer covers....

Plus you can put your weed in there :roflol:

Sorry I couldn't help but think of that Saturday Night Live Skit.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/989437/

I was kidding as I would never condone the use of any illegal substances, especially while shooting!

Sounds like what you are trying to do is a do it yourself version of this http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/page/p...=prod/prd86.htm cart from rugged gear. If you have not yet purchased the holders for the long guns, you can buy them from ruggered gear.

I actually bought a complete shooting cart with two long gun racks on it that I found used. I hope it runs as good as those rugged gear carts as I think I paid more than I should have comparing it with those new prices. Thank for the input though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was at Harbor Freight today and noticed two carts that looked like they had potential as a three gun cart. One was a wood hauling cart and the other was a welding cart both had bicycle wheels. I'm not a big fan of Harbor Freight tools but these looked pretty good.

I recently acquired/stoled/borrowed one of those green wagons with the folding expanded metal sides from my wides garden center. I am going to throw the rugged gear 2 gun floor mount that I usually have on the back of the Kawasaki Mule in the wagon. I plan to use the wagon this weekend during the Advanced 3 Gun Training Course taught by Kurt Miller that I'm taking this weekend. I'll let ya'll know how it compares to the baby stroller type cart I mentioned above.

....the other was a welding cart both had bicycle wheels. I'm not a big fan of Harbor Freight tools but these looked pretty good.

I have the welding cart from HF. Its sturdy as hell and will roll over anything. When modified, there is enough room for 4 long guns + and gear for 2 shooters. You need a truck or SUV to haul it though. I fit it in my wife's Accord once with the rear wheels removed from the cart and the back seats folded down, but it was tight!

Edited by Filishooter

....the other was a welding cart both had bicycle wheels. I'm not a big fan of Harbor Freight tools but these looked pretty good.

I have the welding cart from HF. Its sturdy as hell and will roll over anything. When modified, there is enough room for 4 long guns + and gear for 2 shooters. You need a truck or SUV to haul it though. I fit it in my wife's Accord once with the rear wheels removed from the cart and the back seats folded down, but it was tight!

like this?

post-2786-1253132996_thumb.jpg

like this?

that's nice and the lawn looks good too.