Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results posted at www.uspsa.org for all those who shot today.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ohio Section Match Statistician

Wow I thought there would be more shooters than that with the nationals on sunday trying to get a warm up.

The match has been full for weeks. We capped it at 120 for Saturday. The limitations are due to the fact that it must be a one day match & we need to finish with enough daylight to re-set the range for 11 IPSC stages the next day.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I will be heading down Sunday to spectate (and help out if need be). I am assuming Sunday starts at 8:00 AM as well?

Any big name shooters on Sunday?

Lol. What names will it take for you to come out? Just look at the results and the names of the shooters that are shooting on Saturday. Pretty much everyone that won the nats will be there ;)

I will be heading down Sunday to spectate (and help out if need be). I am assuming Sunday starts at 8:00 AM as well?

Lol. What names will it take for you to come out? Just look at the results and the names of the shooters that are shooting on Saturday. Pretty much everyone that won the nats will be there ;)

And there is a pretty big list of "top names" who are just coming for Sunday, because the Saturday match filled so early.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Results posted at www.uspsa.org for all those who shot today.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Wow I thought there would be more shooters than that with the nationals on sunday trying to get a warm up.

The match has been full for weeks. We capped it at 120 for Saturday. The limitations are due to the fact that it must be a one day match & we need to finish with enough daylight to re-set the range for 11 IPSC stages the next day.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ummm yes and there would be that lol. DUH me.

And there is a pretty big list of "top names" who are just coming for Sunday, because the Saturday match filled so early.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I am going regardless....

I am noticing that several GM's in limited have procedurals for the Can stage. Anyone know what the procedurals are about? Did they do some math and game something?

It was discussed on my squad if it would be worth taking two procedurals (one for each can) to avoid carring an ammo can from one table to the next...and then another can to a third location.

As it turns out, it was worth it.

I don't think I got around to it while we were talking but Congrats PB! Great job!

I want to thank all the staff for a well run and fun match. I wish I could have finished a little higher (as is always the case) but I had a great time despite some pistol problems. I also want to give a big "Thanks" to squad five. I learned a lot shooting with so many top ranked shooters.

I am noticing that several GM's in limited have procedurals for the Can stage. Anyone know what the procedurals are about? Did they do some math and game something?

It was discussed on my squad if it would be worth taking two procedurals (one for each can) to avoid carring an ammo can from one table to the next...and then another can to a third location.

I should have paid more attention to the walk through. I just assumed that it would be a procedural per shot fired. Another opportunity missed by not paying attention.

Congrats on the win PB.

That depends. For multi-reload divisions like Revo and Prod, it was likely very effective. For something like Limited, where only one reload would be required on the stage, things can change depending on the particular shooter. Most of the targets could be taken easily and with relative speed from the starting position (however, this then brings in the question of whether it would be better to shoot them all and just run later, or hit the middle ones on the move to the final table position). Perform a reload on the move with the first can and you would be set for the rest of the course, in which case the second can becomes relatively insignificant.

Or was I the only one who actually reloaded with the can in tow? Not as in can-betwen-the-legs or something, but as in actually reloading while holding the can. A lot of people seemed very surpised by that move - while slower than a proper reload, reloading with another object partially in your weak hand isn't hard at all, and the cans made it even easier in that you could hold it with just your pinky or pinky+ring finger. Those of us who practice low-light drills with flashlights (whether for other sporting disciplines or for personal defense) shouldn't have had an issue at all.

Of course, it didn't really help me, as I screwed up later and so broke even on the time savings of the "can load" versus a standing reload. That and I'm just slow. :blush:

Overall, I was relatively satisfied with my performance. A little lower percentage-wise than I normally shoot, but then I'm usually up against some A's and maybe a few M's, and not six GMs. :P

Of course, it was fun, and that's what matters. :D

Good luck to those shooting IPSC tomorrow, and thanks again to everyone who helped make the match possible!

The match was very well run! Stages were creative and challenging. Lunch was incredible. Scores up before I am ? Priceless :cheers:

I dont have anything to compare it to as it was my first major but I have to give the folks up at Pickaway Cty an A! I didnt get too humiliated on the scoring as only 7 people were in Single Stack, 5 C shooters and 2 unclassified. I will take my 96.90% and not mention the rest of it . :rolleyes:

Addict

Edited by Addict