Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We don't normally pull out the shaky bridge or the see-saw at our local club matches, but Sept. 5th is the last Pickaway club match before the Ohio Sectional so we may actually see those props next month. At least I would hope so. ;)

I dont think I've shot on a see-saw since the 2007 Limited Nationals at Tulsa.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't normally pull out the shaky bridge or the see-saw at our local club matches, but Sept. 5th is the last Pickaway club match before the Ohio Sectional so we may actually see those props next month. At least I would hope so. ;)

Pretty sure we shot the see-saw last yr at C-ville. We were squadded together and you hosed that stage. Think you won overall.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

Pretty sure we shot the see-saw last yr at C-ville. We were squadded together and you hosed that stage. Think you won overall.

Flyin

Yes you are correct Flyin40. It was a 11 round stage and I believe it was in bay 2. May 3, 2008 If anyone has video of this stage could you send it to me.

We have slots for the Ohio, on Friday with the staff.

We have slots for the IPSC on Sunday.

We have a wait list for shooting the Ohio on Saturday. Priority on the wait list will go to those that are also shooting the IPSC match on Sunday. I suspect we will get a good handful of wait list shooters into the Saturday match.

For those of us who don't normally shoot IPSC, is there a short list of differences we need to take into account?

For instance; it looks like Dawson adjustable sights aren't good for Production on a Glock. IPSC rules say only OFM type aftermarket sights?

Also Production trigger pull needs to be > 5#. Anything else?

Bill

What does the side shoot offs on Sat consist of ? How many additional rounds should I bring?

Bring $5 or $10 and an extra 50-100 rounds. (It will be $5. Depending on turn out and daylight...we might do a double elimination bracket, which would be another $5.)

Right now, I am guessing it will be 5 pieces of steel plus a stop plate (6 rounds+ per heat)...with a reload in the middle someplace. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Ohio USPSA match is pretty much full on Saturday (we expect a few cancellations, like every major). There is room on Friday, with Staff.

Saturday, expect to go on the wait list. Priority on the wait list will go to those who are also shooting the IPSC match on Sunday (still slots available for Sunday's IPSC match)

• 2 weeks later...

To see range conditions, watch any of the (recent) match videos from Keen, Micah, Flyin40...etc.

Here is one:

The main, lower bays were recently re-surfaced with gravel. It's fairly well packed.

The upper bays are more grassy, but they contained more of the speed shoot variety of stages, and not so much of the field course stuff.

Look forward to seeing everyone again. I'll be working the IPSC match, and actually have Deb (aka 'the bunny lady') working with me. Since she is usually in stats, this will be fun. The last time we got to work together was at the European Handgun Championships, where she got a field promotion and got to cut her teeth working a stage at a level IV match and running 1000 shooters in five days (of course, I have not been able to get her back on a stage with me since)!! :surprise:

We'll see everyone in a little more than a week!! ;)

Will there be any means to check the legality of our IPSC production guns on Saturday ??

Trigger and gun weight?

I've pondered on that a bit. We will probably leave that up to the RM and the Chrono CRO. I know we will be swamped on Saturday...big squads.

Will there be any means to check the legality of our IPSC production guns on Saturday ??

Trigger and gun weight?

I've pondered on that a bit. We will probably leave that up to the RM and the Chrono CRO. I know we will be swamped on Saturday...big squads.

Yes, mostly concerned with trigger weight on the "official" scale. It would be nice to have the ability to check so there isn't a mad scrabble to fix a situation on Sunday morning.

If you're so close that you're worried you may want to be ready with some spare trigger parts that will make it without a doubt. That way even though you have to change out certain parts, you're not guessing once again. Always have a plan B.

...... Or just shoot OPEN with Micah! :roflol::rolleyes:

If you're so close that you're worried you may want to be ready with some spare trigger parts that will make it without a doubt. That way even though you have to change out certain parts, you're not guessing once again. Always have a plan B.

...... Or just shoot OPEN with Micah! :roflol::rolleyes:

I have plenty of parts for plan B.....Just didn't want to have to swap stuff around on match day.

I think I will pass on OPEN !!!! ...Is he using his production gun ? :roflol:

Edited by nwb01