Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IonBond Services In Twin Cities Area

m1normando

Has anyone tried the IonBond service located here in the Twin Cities area?

I have several slides I would like to have IonBond coated and interested in knowing any experiences specific to the service provided by IonBond in St. Paul.

TIA

Edited by m1normando

I think there are several Ion Bond facilities across the country, but as far as I know, only the one in NC and the one Springer uses are the only ones taking retail type gun related work? Anyone?

Well, I hit a brick wall here in Minny.

I just spoke with a nice lady with the St. Paul, MN IonBond service and she wanted nothing to do with applying any finishes to pistol slides and directed me NC.

I thought it was worth a try to save on shipping charges and wait times, but no dice.

Thank you for the information. Where would I need to send 5 stripped slides to have a chrome-like IonBond finish applied?

Thanks!

I haven't seen a chrome-like IonBond finish but I have seen a shiny IonBond finish.....that the same one? I saw it on a gun that Derek at Millenium built for Billy Abbatte. It was a gorgeous gun and I should've offered Billy my truck for it.

Thank you for the information. Where would I need to send 5 stripped slides to have a chrome-like IonBond finish applied?

Thanks!

I haven't seen a chrome-like IonBond finish but I have seen a shiny IonBond finish.....that the same one? I saw it on a gun that Derek at Millenium built for Billy Abbatte. It was a gorgeous gun and I should've offered Billy my truck for it.

My Bedell has the barrel and comp done in the nickel looking Ion Bond. It's a matte finish and isn't exactly the same color as matte nickel, but close. R,

Thanks!

My Bedell has the barrel and comp done in the nickel looking Ion Bond. It's a matte finish and isn't exactly the same color as matte nickel, but close. R,

Can you send me pictures of it Bart?

Thanks!

Click on the link in my signature line or go to www.ionbondguncoatings.com to visit our web site.

To get the chrome effect the parts must be polished prior to coating.

Springer Precision

20791 Egypt Drive

Bend, OR 97701