Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf Primers...they changed!

ks-shooter

Very glad to have gotten my "claim" in when I did. Still will not hesitate to use Wolf SPP if they go back to the softer cup. Like others have mentioned I've had zero issues with their SRP.

Jim

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we substantiate his claim that their Large Pistol primers work consistently? And would that also imply that Small Rifle are OK?

Noah, I've gone through a few hundred of the small rifle primers in my STI- zero problems.

Emailed Wolf on 4/26, still waiting for a reply. This was lot 11-09. Called them first, the lady that answered the phone said I needed to email customer service. Is this a typical response time? Seems they might be dodging people now on the issue.

Emailed Wolf on 4/26, still waiting for a reply. This was lot 11-09. Called them first, the lady that answered the phone said I needed to email customer service. Is this a typical response time? Seems they might be dodging people now on the issue.

That was the response I got when I called them about my bad batch. Working with Customer Service via email got things resolved (and refunded) pretty quickly.

I only have one gun out of 6 or so that I have tried, that has been 100% with these primers. It is a 1911 9mm.

My primers are in the bottom of the closet marked very hard primers. :angry2: I hope to never have to use them. :unsure:

They are the ONLY primers I won't buy right now. I hope they get it together because they were some of the most consistent I have ever used.

I just received the following a response to an email to Wolf:

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing while using our primers. Unfortunately we only offer a guarantee on our ammunition and no longer on our primers. This is in part to us being a little too accommodating with our primer returns.

Sadly we have found that we have been taken advantage of by dishonest customers; since we are not able to have the primers shipped back to us due to haz. mat. laws we have to rely on the honesty of our customers and sad to say they were less then so. Word got out on web forums that WOLF was giving out refunds without getting primers back, this was posted all over the web, in return we received over 300 phone calls from various customers claiming they had thousands of primers they didn't want, this in return caused us to change our policy. We apologize for the bad news but we can no longer issue refunds on them.

A few suggestions that may help; you can try and return it to one of the below distributors and have them call us to verify they received it, if you can manage to do this and we are able to confirm with one of them that they received it, we may be able to help, it will be your sole responsibility to get them there though. Also; we have found that our primers tend to be harder then most domestic made primers, allot of our customers are switching out their firing pins with harder ones, this is allowing them to use our primers without misfires issues

you are sure the box is not rifle primers?

That's what I was thinking. I tried WOLF Small Rifle Magnum primers in 9mm. I got about a 2% failure rate.

I was told to check every primer for an anvil.

ooof what a pain in the patootie.

Why? The beauty of WOLF primers is that they're packages anvil up. You can check them for anvil and full priming compound when you slide them open. Other brands are easily checked in the primer flip tray.

After reading the posts here about wolf primers I ordered small rifle primers instead of spp. They came in on Weds. I loaded up 200 and went to the range Thurs. They all fired and they are about 50 ft per sec. faster than the wsp I was using.

I was using them in my limited pistol and it has a 21 main spring.

What mainspring are you guys using with rifle primers in your open guns? Mine has a hard enough time setting off their spp with a 17, so I'd assume the rifle primers are even harder than that.

I run a 17lbs mainspring with a stock colt firing pin spring spring. the wolf primers are harder to seat than winchester or federal, and the one's that didn't go off were due to high primers.

• 1 month later...

After reading the posts here about wolf primers I ordered small rifle primers instead of spp. They came in on Weds. I loaded up 200 and went to the range Thurs. They all fired and they are about 50 ft per sec. faster than the wsp I was using.

I was using them in my limited pistol and it has a 21 main spring.

Interesting, that's a big velocity difference. What powder are you using?

• 1 year later...

i have loaded almost 1000 rounds in my 650 using wolf silver primers all have seated well and after my trigger job i was getting some light strikes but since installing a colt firing pin spring in my p16 all seems well!