Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rod Current

G-ManBart

Hey all,

A LOT of folks in the sport know and love Rod Current from Albuquerque. He's been around the sport for a long time and has given so much to so many people it's probably not possible to quantify. I've only known Rod for three years, but he's always been a perfect gentleman, fun and extremely helpful. I'd say we quickly became friends, but he's just one of those folks that has friends everywhere....as soon as you meet him, it's obvious what a class act he is.

I don't have many details, but he had a quadruple bypass today and is doing well. They expect him home on Sat so that's a great sign. So, if you've got a spare second, say a quick prayer for one of the really great people in this sport.

Get well soon Rod!

Our prayers will be with Rod & Cheryl !

I found out Sat, that he was going in Monday. It was not gonna work on just one or so, there where too many blocked. So they did the quaduple yesterday and all went as expected.

Rod has given so much to this sport, it is unreal. Rod & Cheryl are the greatest people you would ever want to meet.

D

Rod - Get healthy and let us know how you're doing. Our prayers for a swift recovery.

Cheryl - Our prayers are with the whole family for you and Rod right now. I think I can speak for Vu and the guys at NCPPRC as well.

Anyone have an address/know which hospital he's at?

Rich

Update on Rod.

Surgery went well. He's now resting comfortably with a sore chest which is to be expected (ya think). They plan on kicking him out on Saturday. His oxygen level is at 98%. Rod is in good spirits when he's awake. A truck backed up to the Heart Hospital and unloaded flowers from the forum members. Obviously he and Cheryl appreciate them. Rod and flowers? :surprise: Yeah right! :roflol:

CYa,

Pat

Just got an update with good news. Rod is doing well and now they're planning on releasing him tomorrow! Turns out some wonderful folks (Rich and company?) sent flowers from the Enos family and it was very much appreciated. Cheryl is a little busy now so a couple of folks are trying to keep everyone updated, but the doc says that after Rod heals up he'll be moving around like you haven't seen in 15 years. Very cool!

Thanks to those who took the time to send the flowers....a wonderful gesture and I know Rod appreciated! R,

His oxygen level is at 98%.

You only beat me 'cause my connection is flow (Blackberry modem).....lol.

In case some folks don't know the significance of this, when we were shooting against Rod for the last couple of years his oxygen level was around 80%. He's gonna be tearing it up before long! R,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got home from the cardiologist...Rod can drive, lift up to 20lbs, eat slightly more salt, and start shooting pistol again!! Life is so excellent!! No rifle or shotgun for at least 2 more months, so no 3-gun, but who cares!!! He is on the road back!! Welcome home Darlin! ♥

Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, good wishes, flowers, FRIENDSHIP!

We look forward to seeing you all soon!

Rod and Cheryl :)

Hey all,

A LOT of folks in the sport know and love Rod Current from Albuquerque. He's been around the sport for a long time and has given so much to so many people it's probably not possible to quantify. I've only known Rod for three years, but he's always been a perfect gentleman, fun and extremely helpful. I'd say we quickly became friends, but he's just one of those folks that has friends everywhere....as soon as you meet him, it's obvious what a class act he is.

I don't have many details, but he had a quadruple bypass today and is doing well. They expect him home on Sat so that's a great sign. So, if you've got a spare second, say a quick prayer for one of the really great people in this sport.

Get well soon Rod!

A HUGE second to that!

Rod,

I'm sending you and Cheryl my best thoughts and wishes.

:)

I'll tell my first "Rod" story. It's from so long ago I can't remember the beginning exactly. Rod and Cheryl might have been at a match in AZ, or it might have been in Colorado. Anyway, Rod introduced himself and we immediately became friends. This would have been 1980ish. So were talking and Rod tells me about a Pin Match they're having in NM, and invites me to come over for it.

At that time in life I didn't have two nickels to run together, so I thanked him and politely declined. There was no way I could afford even a cheap hotel room for one night. Without hesitation he offers for me to stay at his house. I just met him! I thought about it for a minute... I could afford the gas for my 1970-something Datsun 510, so what the hell, I'll try a Pin Match, so I accepted his offer.

My buddy Jerry went with me - he wasn't a competitive shooter but we both loved nature and he wanted to make the drive across northern AZ and NM with me - so Jerry became Rod's welcome guest too!

We're were treated like old friends or family - I even slept in their daughter's bed!

Turns out - I got my ass handed to me by Floyd Wine at the Pin Match. Never heard of Floyd Wine, but I sure knew him now. I congratulated him and thanked him for the shootin' lesson, as I headed home with my prize - an under-the-sink water purifier. :D (I forget how that got in the prize table, but I'm sure there was a story behind it.) I installed it when I got home.

Again, it was so long ago - that might have been my very first out of AZ match trip. And the wonderful memory of it has always stuck with me. Thanks 100% due to Rod and Cheryl's kind, generous, and sincere hospitality.

Thanks Rod and Cheryl, I'll see you at the Desert Classic.

be

Cheryl,

Prayers to Rod and yourself for a continued, full recovery.

Brian,

It's things such as this that brought me back to the shooting community. That water purifier story makes me laugh, and reminds me of how varied prizes were in the early days of this sport.

Jimmy