Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doug Carden

ffl

Here is what I received in my Bullet Points from the NSSF

HEADED TO THE STEEL CHALLENGE . . . A FOX-News affiliate profiles Doug Carden, of West Branch, Iowa, who will be participating in the upcoming Steel Challenge Speed Shooting Championships in Piru, Calif., next week. Doug talks about practicing (he shoots 500 rounds a day), mentally preparing for the competition and the camaraderie he enjoys with his fellow shooters.

Way to go Doug!!!!

Hard to believe my young shooting protege is all grown up.....and now a full-fledged Hollywood star to boot! ;) And I especially like those red shooting glasses--they make you look like a religious cult leader.

Seriously, congrats Doug. This kind of positive P.R. is exactly what we need in this sport--big kudos to whoever it was that tipped off the media. Good luck at the Steel Challenge, Bro!

(Off-color PM regarding "fully loaded for the competition" inbound.)

Here is what I received in my Bullet Points from the NSSF

HEADED TO THE STEEL CHALLENGE . . . A FOX-News affiliate profiles Doug Carden, of West Branch, Iowa, who will be participating in the upcoming Steel Challenge Speed Shooting Championships in Piru, Calif., next week. Doug talks about practicing (he shoots 500 rounds a day), mentally preparing for the competition and the camaraderie he enjoys with his fellow shooters.

Way to go Doug!!!!

Doug, I wish you much success. Have a great time and congrats!

:blush::ph34r:

For people that don't know me I am a pretty keep to myself person when I am off duty. I did this because I thought I would have a good opportunity to work in the Milan Rifle club and the Steel Challenge match in August to drum up some new shooter interest....of course that part got cut out....... :rolleyes:

and the 500 rds a day includes rimfire..... ;)

My family other than my wife really doesnt understand what I do for my sport. If it makes sense, I did it for my folks so they could see what I do and why I travel a lot, as a retired farmer and schoolteacher they just dont understand what we do.

Listening to them last night, it was worth it.........

See you all in Cali, and thanks for the kind words....my son has promised me no hospital visits at least until I get back to Iowa..... :roflol:

a very humbled Doug Carden.......

There seems to be something of a concerted effort to get our sport favorable exposure to the public through positive news coverage recently. The USPSA site now has links to several news segments featuring shooters. This is a great idea--anytime we can show the public that firearms can be used in a safe and fun manner, we all benefit.