Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prime Rib

outerlimits

Very nice! :cheers:

Bobby & I cooked Prime Rib with Garlic-Blue Cheese sauce and twice-baked potatoes for the family Christmas dinner this year. It's gonna be the new tradition in our household! Delicious!

Susan, you'll have to give me the recipe for that. Prime Rib is my favorite! :)

Lynn ...... you suck! :P

I was just talking about ribs in a crock pot on the way to the match with Pharoh Bender yesterday! Guess I have to go the the store tonight. :rolleyes:

Very nice! :cheers:

Bobby & I cooked Prime Rib with Garlic-Blue Cheese sauce and twice-baked potatoes for the family Christmas dinner this year. It's gonna be the new tradition in our household! Delicious!

Susan, you'll have to give me the recipe for that. Prime Rib is my favorite! :)

Lynn ...... you suck! :P

I was just talking about ribs in a crock pot on the way to the match with Pharoh Bender yesterday! Guess I have to go the the store tonight. :rolleyes:

Susan will have to get you the cheese sauce recipe, but I have found no better method to cooking a prime rib than Alton Brown's. I consider myself to be quite the prime rib connoisseur and have cooked easily over 50 of them using several different routines. His is hands down my favorite. Even if you get a rib roast that is a little bit less than prime it will maximize its flavor and tenderness.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-b...cipe/index.html

Pic looks great!

A few tips to add to your Rib perfection

Pull the Rib from the fridge about two hours before you put it in the oven and let it temper a bit. Think about a huge piece of 38 degree meat going in the oven, it can't cook evenly becasue the inside holds that chill for a long time while the heat pounds the outside. If it tempers out a bit you get that nice solid red with the deep brown char on the outside. If you go ice cold into the oven you get Char, grey, red center.

If you tie up your roast make sure you use real thin nylon butcher twine not that loose cotton string. The cotton absorbs blood, proteins, etc then bonds with the meat when it cooks. In the end it rips off that awesome crust you worked so hard to develop. Rub a bit of oil on the twine as well. It will easier to pull off.

Gio

once in awhile, you just have to bite the bullet and cook a whole prime rib. It is august, haven't had one since new years eve. wash it down with a 95 duckhorn cab and i'm good!

Dude! You're my hero! :cheers:

Freakin' bull crap! You know I drove right by the house on Sunday afternoon!!!

Susan - so we're invited for Christmas 2011 right. :D

Rich

Rich, of course you are invited! You can bring the wine! :D

Gio, those are great tips you provided. I'm gonna check out Alton's recipe for Prime Rib. We used Paula Deen's recipe last year. She's not my favorite tv personality, but her Prime Rib recipe was REALLY good!

Fool Proof Standing Rib Roast