Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much do you spend on this sport?

So... I'm not trying to get too personal or get you into trouble with your spouse but, how much do you spend per year on average?

Ball park figures only please not including new guns as they classify as an investment.

Match fees, equipment, ammo, training, etc...

For me I figure $2000.00 - $3000.00

If you count mileage @ $.50/mile, entry fees, ammo component cost, motel bills, and meals away from home, mine comes to over $10,000/year. :surprise: Wish you hadn't brought this up, as I hadn't figured it out before you got me thinking & adding!! DAMN!!

Alan~^~

I spend as much as I think I can, before I get in trouble with the wife. Problem is, I never know how much that's gonna be! Usually around $1,500 - $2,000 a year. When I go over...... :sick: But then again, it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

I spend as much as I think I can, before I get in trouble with the wife. Problem is, I never know how much that's gonna be! Usually around $1,500 - $2,000 a year. When I go over...... :sick: But then again, it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Man, that is so true.

I probably spend 1,000-1,500 a year normally (maybe up to 2,500 with out of state match travel). I have other hobbies that require financing (olympic style fencing primarily) so I cannot focus just on shooting competition.

I figure $45.00 every week with gas and match fee..

ammo yearly $1500..bullets , brass,primer, powder on 9major

after a few years shooting, stock up as much as you can!!FATHER'S DAY,

CHRISTMAS,BIRTHDAY I say buy me bullets. As long as the wifey

doesnt know wont hurt her. When she does ask, I say that it is a payment from

one of the shooters that I help tune a gun.

Edited by shooterbenedetto

First year I got to USA I had to start all over with the sport. I had to buy new guns/presses/belt/magazines etc. etc. I also did the Nationals that year and flew to Greece for the European Championships. I started to add it all up and stopped when I hit $12,000, I was scared to keep counting. :unsure:

Since then it is probably in the $2-4K bracket, $1000 of which is usually Nationals. If was not shooting I would have more money, but I would not be as happy.

You guys are not shooting mutch, I shoot 8 matches a month at $20.00 each and 6 major matches this year so just match fees alone are $2500 not including hotel or travel. I have $700 in air fare and 20 days hotel at say $75 average. 15,000 rounds of ammo a year at .15 per shot $2250 for ammo. So lets just rough it at $6000 or $500 per month, and let the small stuff slide.

I started 1 1/2 years ago, with a milspec springfield, spent tons of money on guns and reloading equipment. Thats the don't ask don't tell. I just say I traded for it and that seems to work. Or I say I won it. I have won a few already, gotta love those random drawings.

So... I'm not trying to get too personal or get you into trouble with your spouse but, how much do you spend per year on average?

Ball park figures only please not including new guns as they classify as an investment.

Match fees, equipment, ammo, training, etc...

For me I figure $2000.00 - $3000.00

Oh man, I don't even want to know! Heck, Nationals alone runs a minimum of $1K, I spent something like $300 and didn't even get to shoot the Double Tap because of weather, minimum of $500 per year on local matches, and then a couple of other bigger matches (Area, sectionals etc) that would add up to another $2K or so. I figure just match fees, hotels, gas, plane tickets, rental cars etc has to be an easy $4-5K in a good year.

Ammo? I really don't want to know that number. I've tracked the round count on my newer Open gun and it's at about 11K (split time between it and the other gun which is only a year older) since August of last year. Not including brass that's $350 worth of powder, $900 worth of bullets and $275 worth of primers. Obviously, that doesn't count what I put through the other gun, and that was thousands as well....so maybe not double that figure, but at least another 50%.

I bought 3K worth of 9mm ammo for my M&P Pro (didn't have any 9mm stashed) = $1050.

I didn't shoot as much .40 last year and had so much loaded up from the year before that I'm still using that so it seemed free.

Accessories...I spent $1K on SVI tubes for my Open and Limited guns. I spent about $350 for M&P mags and $250 on Glock mags (Uncle Sam will want his back some day). I picked up a spare holster (Guga Ribas, $225) a used, spare C-more $100, and a host of other small parts (dot modules etc) that it has to add up to several hundred dollars.

So, without trying hard I'd guess it was a $10K year...thank God my wife doesn't normally read stuff here :roflol:

I'm easily over $5K (excluding guns and press), but I do fly to Area matches.

The way I look at it is when I was young and chasing skirts and drinking I spent alot more so I'm actually saving money!

:D

Edited by Pezco

I did the math for 2007 awhile back - ammo, match fees, and gas $6380. Then there are all the miscellaneous supplies, guns and parts. I haven't slowed down, although I do shoot closer to home these days, but the gas is also more expensive.

Not a good year for me.

Excluding pistols, and related equipment, probably $300 on bullets, $100 on paper/supplies and match fees, and $120 for the annual club membership dues, etc.

Hoping to get out for at least a couple/few more matches this year.