Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from Maine

ToddH

Hi all, :cheers: I am new to USPSA this year and have shot in a half dozen or so shoots. So far I love every minute of it. I found out quick that the cheapest part of this sport was the gun! I have bought a reloading setup (lee turet press) Its isnt the best but it will get me started. One of the guys from the club stopped by and helped me get it set up so that I could get started. I shoot S&W M&P 9 in production. I have good shoots and a few bad shoots but for the most part I come out in the middle of the field over all as well as in my classification. I have had a first place (field of three in production...lol). Like I said this is my first year and my goal is just to see how I like it and I will tell you that everyone is very welcoming and helpful. I am already looking at next year and my goal will be to to improve my scores by comming up with a good practice rutine (kinda winging it now) and hit a larger match or two out of state. Oh ya I almost forgot...Buy amother gun or two, not sure what style I like production but these limited and open guys sure look like their having alot of fun so who knows.

Todd

Welcome aboard and welcome to our game. :cheers::cheers: Don't be afraid to solicit help from the more experienced shooters. They'll be glad to help. I pretty much wasted my first year trying to teach myself.

Hi all, :cheers: I am new to USPSA this year and have shot in a half dozen or so shoots. So far I love every minute of it. I found out quick that the cheapest part of this sport was the gun! I have bought a reloading setup

Todd

I found it very helpful to take one of the two day courses

offered every once in a while by some of the experts -

how to shoot IPSC - they have it down to a science, and I

didn't know how many things I was doing wro... could

improve on:))

It really helped.

Jack

Hey Todd, where are you located at? I am in New Brunswick, just noth of the border of you. I have been throwing the idea around for quite a while to get all of my paperwork together so I can come to the USA and shoot. Are there many USPSA clubs in Maine?

Welcome to the sport. This forum is one of the best resources for information on practical shooting you will find. Search, read and ask questions and you will learn a lot. Like was said by Boz1911, talk to other shooter and they are usually glad to help you out or even let you try out thier guns if you would like to try out a limited or open gun to see what you like. Good luck and have fun.

Wecome!

Yeah, the Limited and Open shooters are having fun, but it's ALL fun in this sport. Honestly, in many ways I have more fun shooting Single Stack than anything else because it removes a lot of the options and makes people shoot the stage the way the designer was intending....i.e. no leaning around a wall and shooting a popper from 20yds away, strong hand only, just so you can skip a position.

No matter what you decide on, you'll have a fun and find lots of folks willing to help out and offer advice. The M&P series is a great choice for Production. As someone very wise once said (okay, it was Flex here) pick one and practice. You'll go farther just by sticking with that gun and trying to wear it out than you will doing almost anything else. It's a great idea to have a backup gun, so if you do buy anything (and assuming the M&P feels good to you) I'd say get an M&P Pro or 9L and shoot Production. You'll have two great guns, most of the parts would interchange and it would be a simple switch if one of them breaks or needs work. R,

Jody I am in the midcoast area. Get your paperwork done and just do it. I have had ALOT of fun so far. Nosteel, next year I plan on making one or two out of state shoots to see what they are like. I just need to find out what it takes to get my guns from state to state without ending up in the clinker. As for what guns I will shoot I am going to stick with my m&p9 production probably sell my m&p40c because I NEVER use it I bought that one as a carry gun but the wife had a fit, pick up a 9pro for my main production gun and save my reg 9 for back up and hopefully when S&W comes out with a 40pro I WILL get one of them then start converting that to a limited gun and may be even an open gun just for the fun of it. I just hope ammo and our country holds out!!!

Jody I am in the midcoast area. Get your paperwork done and just do it. I have had ALOT of fun so far. Nosteel, next year I plan on making one or two out of state shoots to see what they are like. I just need to find out what it takes to get my guns from state to state without ending up in the clinker. As for what guns I will shoot I am going to stick with my m&p9 production probably sell my m&p40c because I NEVER use it I bought that one as a carry gun but the wife had a fit, pick up a 9pro for my main production gun and save my reg 9 for back up and hopefully when S&W comes out with a 40pro I WILL get one of them then start converting that to a limited gun and may be even an open gun just for the fun of it. I just hope ammo and our country holds out!!!

As far as I can remember, this is America. There is no issue carrying guns from one state to the next, unless you are carrying concealed.

Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information here. I am sure that you have also noticed that you can meet some of the nicest and most helpful people through the shooting sports.

Have fun :cheers:

Hurley