Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got a new Tanfoglio Limited Cutom HC GK

loko3

Bought a new LC HC GK a few days ago here in Sweden. I have put 300 rounds through it so far and really love it.

There are how ever some things I would like to customize for me and my IPSC Standard shooting. Is this a large or small frame gun?

Been thinking to buy hennings hammer, sears and firingspin kit. The updated magrelease that is for sale is is larger than the factory one?

I mean does it make a differance in real life shooting?

Here are some pics. It's a 9x19.

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

Edited by loko3

It's a large frame. I don't understand your question about the mag release, but the one in your gun is the Extended Mag release, comes standard on that gun.

Have fun, sweet looking Limited.

It's a large frame. I don't understand your question about the mag release, but the one in your gun is the Extended Mag release, comes standard on that gun.

Have fun, sweet looking Limited.

Are you sure? He is Swedish!! But the mags besides the gun sure look large frame. I thought 9mm guns were small frame in Europe. Some are at least. You can measure the magazines to be sure.

Most parts are the same for both frames. Only the firing pin is frame specific of the pars you are mentioning.

Your gun comes with the updated mag release. This is for guns older than 2004. It is not larger than yours. It makes the mag sit higher in your frame.

How do I adjust the pre-travel on the trigger? I saw a small screw inside the trigger house under the sears, is that the one? I tried to turn it

with the included allen key but it seems to small or do I have to do something to be able to turn it? It's the same as I use for the front sight.

Edited by loko3

How do I adjust the pre-travel on the trigger? I saw a small screw inside the trigger house under the sears, is that the one? I tried to turn it

with the included allen key but it seems to small or do I have to do something to be able to turn it? It's the same as I use for the front sight.

Du har to skruer i avtrekkeren. en for pre- og en for overtravel. Det er veldig lite du får gjort med takeup’n i avtrekket. Dersom du stiller avtrekket med for lite takeup få du ikke tatt avtrekk på neste skudd. Du forstår hva jeg mener dersom du: ”spenner hanen, drar mantel litt tilbake, trykker inn avtrekkeren mens mantel holdes tilbake, slipper mantel med avtrekkeren holdt inne”. Nå kan du slippe avtrekkeren frem. Du vil nå høre et lite klikk. Dersom du har for lite takeup vil ikke avtrekkeren kunne nå dette punktet og du får ikke tatt avtrekk i det hele tatt. Det er ikke mye å justere på her. Andre veien derimot er det mye å hente. det som kaller ”overtravel” eller ettervandring som vi sier på norsk.

Ta ut skruen og bruk blå loctite ellers flytter den seg selv nå du skyter. Juster skruen så du ikke får avtrekk først. bakk skruen ut til den akkurat ikke treffer mellomhakket i hanen på vei ned. Ta enda en liten ¼ turn så er du sikker på at du ikke ødelegger noe.

Send meg en PM så skal jeg hjelpe deg!! :)

I would call Henning. He has been great help and knows the guns inside and out. The EGW sear and hammer he carries are great. The factory sear is a little soft and will not hold up very long.

I would call Henning. He has been great help and knows the guns inside and out. The EGW sear and hammer he carries are great. The factory sear is a little soft and will not hold up very long.

Dont forget he will have the hardened sear pin too.. the hard sear does grove into the factory one a little bit.

Leo

Thanks all. The gun I have is a large frame. What is the advantage of Hennings hammer compared to the original?

I will order the hardened searspin and hammer pins also.

Edited by loko3

Thanks all. The gun I have is a large frame. What is the advantage of Hennings hammer compared to the original?

with a hard sear and hammer you can have a better trigger job and keep it for a very long time. the factory hammer and sear are a little soft.

I think one of Hennings hammers he has had for 10 years at least?

Leo

badassmcgraff> This pistol is not Production legal for a couple of reasons. Number one being that the trigger is single action only. If you are looking for a Production legal EAA pistol the Stock II is right up your alley. I think that the Limited Pro may also be Production legal because it has a Double/Single action trigger, but I am not sure if its been officially approved yet.

What sort of finish is that?

It's called GK-finish. You can get it on any Tanfoglio gun.

What do you think of the grips? If I am not mistaken, those are EAAs factory alum grips from the gold team? Thinking of getting a set, but a little concerned about the "look" and feel of the square edge of the frame sticking out toward my thumb. Awsome pistol by the way. Any idea what changed compared to the limited other than the finish?

Lee

with a hard sear and hammer you can have a better trigger job and keep it for a very long time. the factory hammer and sear are a little soft.

I think one of Hennings hammers he has had for 10 years at least?

Leo

I heated mine up at home and dumped it in oil a couple of times..now its home made hardened!

Yeah, that finish is only available outside the US, unless EAA decides to import it. They are trying to keep it simple with just offering the chrome finish. If anyone wants a black gun here in the States I'd recommend getting your gun IonBond'ed. I've done this to almost all of my guns and love the finish. Very strong and better than the factory finish. Lasts !

You have a large frame 9mm.

The Magrelease on the gun is the newest one. I weld mine up to get a bigger button. I'm planning on making a magrelease you can screw a button onto.

Gun is of course not legal in Production. It's a single action trigger in your gun.

You can do a lot to this gun to improve the feel:

- Front sight; switch to iFiber 90 or 105 will get you a smaller front sight which gives you a better sight picture. And it's slightly taller which is good for that gun.

- Trigger Kit. Must be installed by a gunsmith, but you can get a crisp 900 gram trigger with a short reset.

- Grips. Personal preference, but a lot of shooters prefer my grips which are more ergonomically pleasing and they look killer. Checkered enhances your ability to control recoil and shoot faster.

New trigger is coming soon which will allow for more precise adjustment of pre- and over-travel. The factory trigger is cumbersome and wobbly.

We are hoping the factory will bring out new 9mm large frame mags soon. This has been the crux of the large 9mm. If they do a good job on their new magbody design and I get them in my hands at some point.. I will be able to start playing with increasing the round capacity in these puppies. Will be a killer for 3-gun here in the US where a lot of matches doesn't differentiate minor/major. We can probably get 23 + 1 rounds in a 141mm built magazine.

A new and better rear sight will be welcomed once my sight guy gets them done.

Congrats on your new gun, they are beautiful guns that you can start shooting as is and slowly improve with aftermarket parts. None needed, but once you start see the difference these guns transform into a real race gun.

;-)

Henning

• 1 year later...

Is this TANFOGLIO LIMITED CUSTOM GK HC still not available in US or it has been imported?

If so, does anyone know the USA price for this model?

Is this model at the same price basis than STI APEIRO (USD2660)?

What's the EAA name for it?

Thanks,

Paulo

Edited by PAULOROD

Is this TANFOGLIO LIMITED CUSTOM GK HC still not available in US or it has been imported?

If so, does anyone know the USA price for this model?

Is this model at the same price basis than STI APEIRO (USD2660)?

What's the EAA name for it?

Thanks,

Paulo

There is a new importer comming for Tanfoglio to the US (the Italian Firearms Group) and rumors have it that they will offer what Tanfoglio is offering overseas, not whatever EAA chooses to, but I am yet to find anything to confirm that. Heck I can't even find a website for IFG, so to be honest I don't think anyone know what is going to happen or more importantly, when.