Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 like an IPSC Limited Class pistol.

relictrader

Are you using some kind of translator program?

~Mitch

MITCH it tells me you are a follower by mimicking what others say..

I feel that the gun bussiness gets "Drive By Effect"bad press when shooters follow the others and shoot to see lead in the air or the rambo effect with the AR's.

Being a family clubb, I see the strain on the mothers with children faces when the rapid bang-bang starts up.These mothers & dads are safety first gun owners that want to past down guns to their children.

One reasonable thought on "Lead in The AIR" mentality might be how poorly the remanufactured $17/$20 per box 50 Shoot ....The ones I tested are not worth that.

I don't get it. Nevermind, I won't bother.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are into accuracy enough to pick the best 3 of 5 rifle barrels Lot's of knowledge on this site for those who will take the effort to pose thoughtful questions.

John thoughtfull questions help and thanks for the reminder.

As for handguns barrels, little is said about testing by makers?

Kreger and others sells rifle barrels by performace and reputation...I have

seen 5 match rifle barrels chambered and none capable of winning.

Handgun mfg's resource a lot of their barrels as with their castings

and it is left up to customer to find a capable aftermarket barrel on fired guns.

Relic trader has got to be trolling or something, something doesn't add up here.

Hi Relic,

I would genuinely like to help you if you are sincere. But could you please answer some questions so we can better help you?

- Where are you from/club?

- What kind of shooting are you doing? Is it IPSC? Or?

- What kind of shooting are you doing? Is it IPSC? Or?

HI Rudy,

We are a Family Shooting Club with 500 families,men,women,children, the type shooting varies from

competion rifle, handgun,shotgun,rimfire,black powder,high-power,bench-rest..etc,along with state-handgun classes,handgun safety classes,youth hunter classes,NRA instructions..etc

our members are winning regularly at week-end shoots off the club grounds.

Ooooh k, that helps us a lot. Sounds like you are just talking in general shooting with multiple disciplines, etc.

In USPSA/IPSC we certainly have a high regard for accuracy, but there is a difference in regards to benchrest/bullseye accuracy and action pistol accuracy. With that said, most of us have an "acceptable" level of deviation that may be not as high as a benchrest/bullseye shooter.

This forum is mostly IPSC/USPSA action pistol shooters, so take that into consideration when you receive our recommendations/preferences/advise.

This should help clear the air and set the stage for someone better qualified than I to answer your question, lord knows accuracy is still not in my full vocabulary. :-)

Good luck

Why won't you answer the questions posed to you? There are some of the best and most knowledgeable people in the shooting world here that can anwer all of your questions if you give them a little more info.

Trader, I have some questions for you.

1 - Where are you from, as in city, county,, zip code, country, continent?

2 - You are a 500-family club... Are those 500 families looking for the same equipment, accuracy standards, or do they all have the same competition interests?

3 - Are you looking for answers? To which questions? What is it you are looking for?

4 - If English is not your first language, which one is? Many folks here can help you pose your questions in an understandable manner.

I don't want to sound rude but it is sort of frustrating trying to figure out what is you're trying to get help with.

Please?

Why won't you answer the questions posed to you? There are some of the best and most knowledgeable people in the shooting world here that can anwer all of your questions if you give them a little more info.

WHAT QUESTION? Most all I see is a number of X-Grammer Teachers not on-subject and a few

serious shooters that I think could help and I would love to follow up with,but not possible for all the neg.comments being made here.

Gary

WHAT QUESTION? Most all I see is a number of X-Grammer Teachers not on-subject and a few

serious shooters that I think could help and I would love to follow up with,but not possible for all the neg.comments being made here.

Gary

I'm not one of those great shooters but if I knew what your focus was, I'd try to help out, too. I think folks are just getting a little frustrated because they want to help but don't know how. And you are being a bit defensive, which doesn't help either. The questions are throughout every post in this thread. We still don't know where you are from (makes a difference as to guns available - if you're in Massachusetts, most of the guns they're talking about, you can't buy). Or if you're interested in just steel, or USPSA and IDPA? Also makes a difference.

Come on - help us to help you!

Donna from Massachusetts - Boston Gun and Rifle Club, shoot a limited Briley .40. My focus is USPSA. My gun is more accurate than me. I'm still a D. I reload .45 and .40. And I have a Bulldog that loves the range! You??????

Gary

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I guess he tole all yaw!

It's highly unlikely we'll be able to help Gary very much, and I wonder if the mods can verify this is not coming from Merlin's IP address. I can see him kicked back laff'n his butt off while having fun with all of us.

This is almost to hard to resist...

Sir, Like everyone else I'm confused as to what the real question is? A very large number of the forum members have skill sets that cross several shooting discipline boundaries.

What would we use as the standard to determine a "winner"? Or what is an acceptable win. I have never benched a pistol that I shoot in IPSC style matches to see how accurate it is... I have to set sights but never to see if it would shoot sub MOA.

I only own 1 "custom" STI and I have won class and HOA at several state and area level matches with guns that for the most part were factory guns.

Para Ordnance P14 with factory fixed sights and I made GM with it. I did add a S&A magwell.

CZ/Dan Wesson Pointman box stock shoots groups tight enough to win several SS matches local and beyond.

Springfield Armory

"Stock" STI Edge....

Springfield .45.... and the list goes on.

Most have already pointed out that the gun has very little to do with anything as long as it will run.

Many of us would love to shoot at a club with 500 some members and "family" oriented... but none of us can figure out where exactly this club is located?

This is almost to hard to resist...

Most have already pointed out that the gun has very little to do with anything as long as it will run.

Jim thanks for a sincere and thoughtful post, I don't own comp-gun but need to be able to help others that want to.

I own the best hi-power,best 1000yd gun,best 2/300 BR gun,a dozen best live bird guns.the best

africa double rifles but no handguns.

I find that I will be of little help promoteing handgun to all members if all one needs is a gun that makes noise each time he or she pull the trigger.

OK. Time for a time-out.

Relictrader:

People here have tried to assist you but you seem content only to brag about your long guns and prowess with them, and show repeated disdain for pistols that don't have the same level of accuracy as a glass-bedded free-floated rifle at 300 yards. You have ignored reasonable, repeated questions regarding the discipline you are interested in shooting with a handgun, your general location, and primary language. Without some very basic information and cooperation from you, we cannot help you.

If you truly desire help here, please feel free to PM any moderator with the information that may allow our members to assist you and we will consider reopening this thread. If you cannot show our members the common courtesy of a direct response to respectful questions, then we are simply wasting time and effort on this.