Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Steel Challenge Match

sperman

Central Carolinas Shooting Club presents

Steel Challenge Match

Saturday August 1, 2009 will be the beginning of monthly Steel Challenge matches in the Greater Charlotte area. These will be the first Saturday of each month.

Registration will begin at 9:00

New shooters briefing at 9:45 and

the fun begins at 10:00

There will be 5 stages

Minimum of 125 shots (bring 200)

www.ccshootingclub.net

Central Carolinas Shooting Club presents

Steel Challenge Match

Saturday August 1, 2009 will be the beginning of monthly Steel Challenge matches in the Greater Charlotte area. These will be the first Saturday of each month.

Registration will begin at 9:00

New shooters briefing at 9:45 and

the fun begins at 10:00

There will be 5 stages

Minimum of 125 shots (bring 200)

www.ccshootingclub.net

What COF are you running?

It's not my match. I'm just trying to spread the word.

The other match in this area rotates between all 8 stages (5 each month.) I'm hoping this will be run the same way.

The 1st weekend of the month was my practice / off weekend. It looks like that's about to change.

• 1 month later...

We chose the first Saturday because of range availability and to avoid the following conflicts;

Second Saturday is our IDPA match

Third Saturday is Mid-Carolina's (Columbia) Steel Challenge match and another club uses the range where we shoot

Fourth Saturday is Mecklenberg County (Charlotte) IDPA match

Fifth Saturday (when they happen) is our 'Fun Match' combining IDPA and Steel Challenge - oriented toward new shooters, young shooters and family members who want to find out what we're doing out here every weekend.

Get more information here: Central Carolinas Shooting Club

Then come out and join in where you can.

We're sticking with the 8 official stages. We have only been using 3 of the 4 bays at the range and we have tried to set up 3 stages, then re-set 2 others during a mid-day break. This has resulted in some long days.

For the near future we're going to set up 4 stages, shoot them all and be done at a more reasonable hour. This way we'll cover all 8 stages each 2 months.

CCSC is a Steel Challenge affiliated club and all scores will appear on the SCSA website.

Edited by DaninSC

We're sticking with the 8 official stages. We have only been using 3 of the 4 bays at the range and we have tried to set up 3 stages, then re-set 2 others during a mid-day break. This has resulted in some long days.

For the near future we're going to set up 4 stages, shoot them all and be done at a more reasonable hour. This way we'll cover all 8 stages each 2 months.

I think this is a good idea. I came out for the first match and left at the halfway point because it was turning into a long day. More smaller squads will help keep things moving quicker, and not stopping to the stages will be a big plus.

• 1 month later...

Next match - Nov 7th. Stages will be: Five-to-Go, Roundabout, Smoke and Hope, and Outer Limits.

The October match started at 10:00 and finished at 1:30 - 4 bays, 4 stages 36 shooters and max fun.

Take note, our "winter" hours start in November - Registration at 12:00, shooting at 12:45.

Directions and info here: Central Carolinas Shooting Club

We are also organizing our team for Scholastic Steel Challenge. If interested, contact one of our club officers for information: Club officers

Watch for new additions to our website as we get things going.

• 1 month later...
Next match - Nov 7th. Stages will be: Five-to-Go, Roundabout, Smoke and Hope, and Outer Limits.

The October match started at 10:00 and finished at 1:30 - 4 bays, 4 stages 36 shooters and max fun.

Take note, our "winter" hours start in November - Registration at 12:00, shooting at 12:45.

Directions and info here: Central Carolinas Shooting Club

We are also organizing our team for Scholastic Steel Challenge. If interested, contact one of our club officers for information: Club officers

Watch for new additions to our website as we get things going.

So what time does it start this Saturday? The website reads 11:00 but you wrote 12:45. I'm coming down from Boone and need to know what time to be there. Thanks.

Accelerator

Roundabout

Showdown

Speed Option

These are the stages we'll shoot every other month. Alternating months (starting with January) we'll shoot: Smoke and Hope, Pendulum, Five-to-Go and Outer Limits.

That arrangement has us shooting all the stages shot at the national level every 2 months, plus 2 of the 4 Scholastic Steel Challenge stages are shot each month as part of our match. We've got a strong beginning to our Scholastic program and will be looking for competition in the near future as more clubs affiliate.