Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your pet 9mm load?

tomfturner

125 gr Zero FMJ (.356) with 4.2 grains VV N320 and Winchester small pistol primers at 1.100" OCL. Chrono's at about a 132.5 PF out of my Glock 17 with a KKM barrel. I have run a load with 4.4 grains of Universal Clays and the same bullet, etc., as a back up, but didn't like the feel as much.

I currently have some WST that I intend to experiment with as a back-up with everything else the same. It is nearly the same burn rate as N320, so I will start around 4 grains and work up or down as needed.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

125 gr Zero FMJ (.356) with 4.2 grains VV N320 and Winchester small pistol primers at 1.100" OCL. Chrono's at about a 132.5 PF out of my Glock 17 with a KKM barrel. I have run a load with 4.4 grains of Universal Clays and the same bullet, etc., as a back up, but didn't like the feel as much.

I currently have some WST that I intend to experiment with as a back-up with everything else the same. It is nearly the same burn rate as N320, so I will start around 4 grains and work up or down as needed.

I run a similar one...

125 Zero JHP .356

4.2 grains VV N320

Win. SP primers

1.130 OAL

130 power factor out of an XD9 Tactical

Favorite loads for 9x19, all are match worthy

Mixed Brass

WSP Primer

CZ SP-01 / 4.72” bbl

130 CN Black Bullet Int

1.163 OAL

4.5 WSF

131 PF

124 FP Berry **

1.090 OAL

3.9 Titegroup

129 PF

124 CMJ MG

1.140 OAL

4.2 Titegroup

134 PF

115 JHP MG

1.108 OAL

4.4 Titegroup

132 PF

147 CMJ MG

1.150 OAL

3.6 Titegroup

134PF

** Best accuracy

All run about 20-25 FPS less through a standard M&P.

Best accuracy is with Titegroup and plated or jacketed bullets.

WSF with lead and molly gives good accuracy and light smoke.

GeneBray on the first page wrote:

Trying Wolf primers now. Having some difficulty get consistent seating depth with has led to some click, bang (when I can remember to pull the trigger twice vice rack the slide-they always fire the second time). For me, jury is still out on Wolf primers but I think its me NOT the primers.

My buddy had problems with wolf primers too. Luckily he just bought a thousand of them to try at first. He switched back to Winchesters after that.

I'm seeing lots of Titegroup in this, but I thought it was "smoky" with lead or moly bullets. Just curious if all these loads are still using that, most of them aren't lead though. Anybody using lead as a "pet" load wanna chime in?

I'm seeing lots of Titegroup in this, but I thought it was "smoky" with lead or moly bullets. Just curious if all these loads are still using that, most of them aren't lead though. Anybody using lead as a "pet" load wanna chime in?

I run a lot of lead thru my Springfield 1911 9mm & the Springfield XDM. For matches I usually shoot the jacketed stuff and save old "smoky" (as you called it) for my practice shooting.....It's not your Titegroup that gives you the rain clouds with each round fired, but the wax lubricant on the lead bullets.....

A pet load of mine for the Sprinfield 1911 9mm with a 10 lb spring: 115 Grain RN Sierra, with 3.5 grains of Clays, Federal primer in a Winchester case-------------slide comes straight back, no muzzel flip, sort of like shooting a comp. gun. :cheers: W.T.

Mixed Brass

WSP Primer

CZ SP-01 / 4.72” bbl

130 CN Black Bullet Int

1.163 OAL

4.5 WSF

131 PF

124 FP Berry **

1.090 OAL

3.9 Titegroup

129 PF

124 CMJ MG

1.140 OAL

4.2 Titegroup

134 PF

115 JHP MG

1.108 OAL

4.4 Titegroup

132 PF

147 CMJ MG

1.150 OAL

3.6 Titegroup

134PF

** Best accuracy

What gun are you shooting. M&P pro? Curious as I shoot a pro and these loads are pretty close to mine so far.

Mixed Brass

WSP Primer

CZ SP-01 / 4.72” bbl

130 CN Black Bullet Int

1.163 OAL

4.5 WSF

131 PF

124 FP Berry **

1.090 OAL

3.9 Titegroup

129 PF

124 CMJ MG

1.140 OAL

4.2 Titegroup

134 PF

115 JHP MG

1.108 OAL

4.4 Titegroup

132 PF

147 CMJ MG

1.150 OAL

3.6 Titegroup

134PF

** Best accuracy

What gun are you shooting. M&P pro? Curious as I shoot a pro and these loads are pretty close to mine so far.

My back up production gun is a standard 4.25" M&P. I always chrono in both guns to be sure that I have good match ammo. I had to bring out the M&P to finish at A3 so making sure is a good thing in case you have to re-visit the chrono stage.

The only odd thing I have noticed is with 147 gr lead bullets. They will chrono almost exactly the same in both guns, sometimes the M&P will even be 10-20 FPS faster. Only with 147 gr lead, every other bullet will go 20-25 FPS slower in the shorter barreled M&P, as you would expect.

What I am shooting now, in my 34. It don't make major but, has no trouble laying steel down.

135 fmj .356

mixed brass

5.7 power pistol

CCI SPP

not too firm on the crimp.

:cheers:

Edited by usmc1974

Any 147gr jacketed bullet loaded on top of 41. grains of WSF with a FC-100 primer @ 1.125" OAL. XTP's should be loaded closer to 1.100", but it is a perfectly safe load per Hornady's manual. It drills teenny weeny groups from my Sig.

Any 147gr jacketed bullet loaded on top of 41. grains of WSF with a FC-100 primer @ 1.125" OAL. XTP's should be loaded closer to 1.100", but it is a perfectly safe load per Hornady's manual. It drills teenny weeny groups from my Sig.

just wondering how you get 41 grains of WSF in the case :roflol: ... sorry having a little fun at your expense ... I'll go back to watching the stats on this grow. :ph34r: I'm still surprised there's no Ramshot users chiming in, is it just good for major 9mm and open?

124gr MG HP

4.0gr TG

Win primers but CCI or whatever if I can't get them

1.125 OAL since my chamber is tight in my Barsto

Sig 226

About to switch to Solo 1000 since I'm out of Titegroup and have 8lbs of Solo. Also about to use some PMC primers I got.

My all time favorite was:

147 gr. precision delta (or other similar copper jacketed bullet)

IMR 4756 @ 4.7 gr.

COL: 1.100"

WSP primers

Good case fill (can't double charge), clean and accurate out of my Glock 34. Soft shooting with a 132-134 Pf rating. The most interesting thing is that it had almost no muzzle flash in a low light setting. And I seriously mean "almost no muzzle flash". Had everyone talking at lowlight/no light stages I've shot. But late last season I got a new 8lb keg of it that shot horribly! Over 100 fps swings in velocity with weighed/trickled charges, consistant case head stamps, etc. And I couldn't find a lot number sticker or marking on the keg so I could avoid it in the future.

After that I went back to:

147 Precision Delta

Hodgon Universal Clays @ 3.6 gr.

WSP primers

Clean and pretty accurate as well as fairly temp. stable. ~ 133-134 Pf

Lately I've been experimenting with this load:

147gr. Montana Gold CMJ

Alliant e3 @ 3.3 gr.

WSP primers

Very clean and soft shooting at 132-133 pf. Good case fill again and seems accurate with low SDs. However it's somewhat temperature unstable so try a pound before buying in bulk. I threw some rounds up on the car dashboard on a sunny day to get them VERY hot to the touch. They Averaged about 45 fps slower than a control sample at an ambient 80F. That puts a 133 PF load dangerously close to subminor for my tastes. I may bump the load a little to be safe.

• 5 weeks later...

developed onefor a friend's glock 34 in production, its a MG 147 over 3.8 grs of VV 3n37 loaded out to 1.150, chrono's at around 135ish???? and is SOFT shooting, note....you will have to re-spring the glock as w/ the standard the brass dribbles out just past your wrist, and you have to be fairly locked out w/ your arms for it to do that....re-spring down to a 13lb and its golden