Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing your vision in dominant eye

Well one week has gone by and I'm still blind in my dominant eye. It's called Optic neuritis is an inflammation of the optic nerve, the bundle of nerve fibers in your eye that transmits visual information to your brain. Pain and temporary vision loss.

I have seen 2 ophthalmologist and 1 neuro-ophthalmologist and they all say the same thing, that there is a 94-95% chance that my vision will return. It'sood news for the most part, but it's still some scary stuff when something like this happens.

It just happened. I woke up last friday and the vision in my right eye was pretty much gone, and I say pretty much because all I can see is shadows out of that eye. I was in the doctors office within 30 minutes of it happening.

Hang in there!

Not nearly as scary as your vision but a few years back I had idiopathic brachial neuritis. It just faded away on its own after a couple of months and I got about 90% back in my shoulder.

I have seen 2 ophthalmologist and 1 neuro-ophthalmologist and they all say the same thing, that there is a 94-95% chance that my vision will return. It'sood news for the most part, but it's still some scary stuff when something like this happens.

I'm glad to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.