Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

started designing stages

Pittbug

I didn't get a chance to look at all of them but in general the ones I looked at were good. Watch for shoot thrus. On one stage you have "Any miss on a headshot will invoke a FTN penalty." on a target that got 2 to the body and one to the head. I don't think that is legit. If you got two clean body shots you can't give an FTN penalty. You can certainly require at least one head shot and if they miss into the body they get -5. On Drive By Madness it would be better to put no shoots in front of threats.

Edited by lugnut

The only problem have with a few of them are the different round counts for different targets within a stage. Especially in the dog stage, that seems like a procedural nightmare, not only for the shooter but for the RO. Some of the others that require different number of rounds from different positions are a little better but still can get confusing for shooters.

The other stage where it can get confusing is Pillar Time. Maybe some vision blockers or maybe just positioning the No Shoots to force the shotoer to shoot it how you want would make it a little better in reducing confusion on which targets are shot from where.

• 6 months later...

Agree.

I don't mind throwing "2 to the body, one to the head" on the first or last target... or firing six into the first target, but from there on out, I try very had to keep the remaining targets 100% consistent.

It's a shooting match, not a math test.

That said, I like the stages, and may steal all or some of a few of them, and tweak them to work at our indoor match.

If you want the headshot to be a FTN, throw a paper right next to the first guy that's hardcover everywhere but the head. Now you have a transition AND a headshot (or two) to get people whining. ;)

Edited by MemphisMechanic