Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Nordic P-Mag Extensions

What is wrong with the old one?

Nothing, except they quit making them and these are quite a bit cheaper.

You have to call on the SKU. They have a wait period before they put them on-line.

Btw, these hold 49, reloadable.

M

I got one from Nordic a couple of weeks ago. It runs fine, the floorplate doesn't quite fit right. I would rather pay a little extra for the old style. It fit a lot better and seemed to be a better material. That said, the new style is not bad at all, I just prefer the older style.

Anyone know if they are dropping the previous model? I thought the quality and design were excellent considering the price.

These on the other hand.... Maybe it's different in person but well.. Let me just say I'm not impressed <_<

CPWSA still has the old style on sale for 39.95. I picked up a second one a week ago.

Quick question...how many of these are realistically need for 3 Gun? I have two, which I think is plenty. Now, I also have half a dozen 30rd's I usually have with me.

CPWSA still has the old style on sale for 39.95. I picked up a second one a week ago.

Quick question...how many of these are realistically need for 3 Gun? I have two, which I think is plenty. Now, I also have half a dozen 30rd's I usually have with me.

:roflol: You said realistically and need in the same sentence when talking about magazines. :roflol:

OK, I'm just joking. It's just like most thing need has nothing to do with it. I've got 1 old Nordic and 1 new one and a Tripp 52 rnd. I don't need any others but I'll probably pick up a few more just because It is nice to have spares. Things tend to break only if you don't have spares.

JRW,

Usually there might be a stage or two in a match that was designed to make someone with just a 30 rd mag make a mag change in a less than ideal position (standing reload) so one or two mags of greater than 30 rd capacity can come in handy.

And to answer Josh's question Tim Ubl mentioned at the FNH match that they would not be making the old ones any more and that they new ones should offer better functionality. But that was then and things could have changed since then... Tim stated that too many people over-tightened the clamp which can cause functioning issues with the old design.

Jeff

:roflol: You said realistically and need in the same sentence when talking about magazines. :roflol:

Well deserved. Will get the focus back on where the part connected to the magazine is when pulling the trigger...as opposed to the magazine. RM3G is coming soon!

Jeff ~ That was my thinking as well. Thanks!

Ok.....you guys broke it out.....I'll Chime in.

Due to Magpul's change in their magazines, the old bodies would not have been availible anymore. Nor do the old style of extensions work with the the new current PMAG's (the M versions). The new extension works with both the older PMAGS and newer PMAGS.

That being said.....the new design is less expensive, lighter and is as strong as the old design. Furthermore.....they do infact seems to even function better than the old design. AND.....you can get them in black or clear.

post-2749-1248820417_thumb.jpg

Edited by TRUBL

Tim hooked me up with one of these at CMMG. At first glance they dont look as rugged as the old style. That being said, this is a much better design. More streamlined and works like a champ (not that the old style didnt, but there were problems with what style P-Mag you were using). You wont be disapointed with this set-up.

Great! I got my new extension just in time for it to become the old one. Plus I have the wrong Pmags for the now old extension and they fit together with some wiggele between them. I can't tell if my Pmags are the new ones or the old ones either. I guess I should get the old Pmags to go with my new, old design extension? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a couple of the clear ones. I too was a bit concerned about the amount of wiggle between the two parts of the mag although there were no function issues. I got it not only to avoid a reload now and then but also because it's perfect for a monopod. However with the wiggle between the upper and lower, it was less than ideal for that purpose.

So I put a thin piece of fuzzy side velcro on the last dimple of the mag on both sides. Now when I attach the extension, it snugs up and doesn't move. Much better for monopod and still works 100%.

Craig

Ran mine in a 3-gun match last weekend, and it worked great! The wiggle doesn't seem to affect function. I was a little worried about how durable the extension would be since it is not made of the same material as the p-mag, but I dropped mine off a barrel fully loaded, and it worked fine afterwords.

very satisfied!

We have these in stock and ready to ship in both colors. If you are on the Enos Forum discount group, the price is better than what has been posted here above. The discount will show up when you add it to your cart. If you are not setup for the discount, then setup your email and password on our site and send me an email to mikef@shootersconnection.com

Edited by fomeister

We have these in stock and ready to ship in both colors. If you are on the Enos Forum discount group, the price is better than what has been posted here above. The discount will show up when you add it to your cart. If you are not setup for the discount, then setup your email and password on our site and send me an email to mikef@shootersconnection.com

what is the Enos Forum discoutn group? It sounds great! :D