Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Industrial Accidents

3GunF1Guy

I know how you feel. 23 Years ago a table saw got my left middle finger between the first and second joint. The end joints on my ring and pointer move only a little now.

There are advantages to it. Sometimes it helps with communication.

threethirty.jpg

I left work today at 3:30

I'll spare you the nose trick.

My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Wow, I hopr you heal up! Sounds like you got everything kinda put back together? My father in law lost his index and middle fingers at the first knuckle to a table saw, not good!

Seems like Utah guys and fingers are not doing well this year, right Kurtz?

Aaron

What no bloody pictures?

If you have some I can use them for lock out/tag out safety training at work.

No, apparently not. I hope these things don't come in threes.

Mine is pretty much healed up, it is still a little sore and stiff and will have a good scar. It didn't seem to slow me down at the R&R.

Edited by Big Bore

your recovery will be better and fuller than you think.

I lost a thumb tip in 94, I think it was, and I was up in a tree stand 1000 miles away the next week.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Good luck, and Ill cross my fingers for you!

(ok, bad joke, i know...)

I am sorry to hear of your accident. I do believe that complacency is our worst enemy.

Four weeks ago I got my trigger finger caught between a JLG basket and a light downrod. I wasn't driving the lift at the time. I saw that the guy driving was about to bump the light, told him and then reached out to move the light over (it hangs on a swivel). He kept going, dragging my finger in between the rod and the basket. Fortunately, it didn't do any serious damage to my finger, although at the time all I could think about was loosing my finger. I still have motion in it, but it does still hurt.

I realize that this a non issue compared to your situation, but was just trying to emphasize how quick these types of things happen.

I hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Hurley

I know how you feel. 23 Years ago a table saw got my left middle finger between the first and second joint. The end joints on my ring and pointer move only a little now.

There are advantages to it. Sometimes it helps with communication.

threethirty.jpg

I left work today at 3:30

I'll spare you the nose trick.

My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

When I was a young state trooper I had an older friend who was a game warden. He was a Marine and served in WWII in the Pacific. He lost the middle finger on his left hand when he put his rifle between his legs and and placed his helmet on the barrel to use his right hand to wipe sweat and braced himself on the log door jam to a hut with his left hand. Just as he bent his head slightly the Jap Sniper's bullet passed just behind his head and took his middle finger off at the second joint.

He would stop by our house often and he would do the "nose trick on my two young sons" and it would blow their minds. He's long dead but your post brought back many fond memories. He was a great friend and would often ride with me on duty and he taught a young trooper a lot about how to stay alive out there in the dark.

Damn I'm truly sorry to hear of you getting fingertipped. Three things: one, you WILL heal. two, you will NEVER forget that moment for the rest of your life, and three, you will be much more careful from now on.

I cut off the last 3/8" of my strong hand thumb, through the nail diagonally, about 15 years ago. saved the piece, and had it sewed back on later that day. its still there, but have no feeling.