Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area 6 Multi-Gun Match - October 2-4!

Cindy

Thanks for the schedule. Always a pleasure to shoot at South River. Look forward to seeing you Friday night at registration. Good luck with the final details on setting up the match. I appreciate you hosting the event. Great looking stages. Definitely worth finding the firearms.

MHearn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The range isn't under water, is it? I'm assuming two weeks is long enough for everything to dry out????

South River Gun Club and the surrounding area are both fine. The GSSF Annual Match (typically around 500 entries) is this weekend, Area 6 Multigun next weekend.

If anyone is wanting to learn how to build a weather resistant range, they should visit South River. The work there over the past 5 years all but insures that neither rain nor sleet nor snow will disrupt our shooting. Now if only the folks at USSA would visit and learn, all would be well there too.

I'll be there too.

I need the fun.

I hope I can remember which end to put the shells in my Remy. I've only shot one 3-gun in over a year.

BTW, I think half of my stuff is still in my truck. Ha Ha Ha, you think I'm joking. :roflol::roflol:

Ronnie

Now that the masses know you are enroute, we will sell out for sure. :cheers:

For anyone wondering what the weather will be like, it rained today and the highs have been in the low 80's. The forecast is for cooling this week and the long range is dry. We should have perfect match weather and if we do not, we will blame it on Bill Noyes. :ph34r:

I just looked at the Self Squading for this match and I can't believe there is only 68 shooters signed up. This match and the Ft. Benning 3-Gun are the best 3-Gun matches I've ever shot. I guess the cost of amo is going to stop alot of shooters. It almost stopped me. Some time you just need to say "The Hell With It" and jump in.

You know, I can't help but feeling there are some anti-gunners out there saing "look we're doing it, their numbers are falling". :cheers: Man it makes me mad. SORRY FOR THE RANT.

Ronnie

I just looked at the Self Squading for this match and I can't believe there is only 68 shooters signed up. This match and the Ft. Benning 3-Gun are the best 3-Gun matches I've ever shot. I guess the cost of amo is going to stop alot of shooters. It almost stopped me. Some time you just need to say "The Hell With It" and jump in.

You know, I can't help but feeling there are some anti-gunners out there saing "look we're doing it, their numbers are falling". :cheers: Man it makes me mad. SORRY FOR THE RANT.

Ronnie

What I do not get is that there are regularly 90+ shooters there for their local 3 gun. We change the name of the match and they stay home??? Go figure.

The up side for those of us who are coming is that this will now be BY FAR the richest prize table of the year in terms of value of product per shooter.

Is it possible to shoot it in 1 day??? I'd love to come but am out of vacation time and can't leave until Friday night... I think it's only 9 hours away though :)

I am confident that if you are there ready to shoot on Saturday that we will get you home in plenty of time to make it home on Sunday and to work on Monday morning.

As I look at the app, I see that HM is an"aggregate" division, what does that mean? You have to shoot a SS pistol in .45, a pump with irons, and a .308 that is either limited or tactical? How does the prize table work for something like this, will there be separate tables for optic and irons?

Since I don't shoot much USPSA 3-gun, is there going to be separate prize tables based on division participation, order of finish overall, or does pistol class come into play also?

Thanks,

Mike

Aggregate means that HM optics and irons are shooting together so we can recognize HM. HM equipment will be as per the USPSA Multigun rules which we are required ot follow.

Since I can not get anyone other than myself excited about USPSA doing rifle and shotgun classifications, the classification you have in pistol is the one you shoot in multigun.

The match is going to be a very good one. Please bring a buddy and come and enjoy it.

Edited by Charles Bond

As I look at the app, I see that HM is an"aggregate" division, what does that mean?

Aggregate means that HM optics and irons are shooting together so we can recognize HM. HM equipment will be as per the USPSA Multigun rules which we are required ot follow.

There were 2 applications. The first one only had HM, and the notation about the "aggregate combination" for prizes. A few days later, a second application was posted with separate HM Limited and HM Tactical divisions listed.

Are we shooting 2 different divisions but then combining them for match awards?

There were 2 applications. The first one only had HM, and the notation about the "aggregate combination" for prizes. A few days later, a second application was posted with separate HM Limited and HM Tactical divisions listed.

Are we shooting 2 different divisions but then combining them for match awards?

No, HM_Limited and HM_Tactical are full, independently scored and awarded stages.

Now, that being said, no one has actually signed up for HM_Tactical. The necessary number of people HAVE signed up for HM_Limited in order for it to be recognized as a division at the match.

Are we there yet? How did I shoot?

2 alpha's, 3 charlie's, and 1 delta. 8 steel, but you rang 1 that didn't fall. On the reshoot you broke your barrel link, and never got the steel down. You came in 14th in Optikal, and took home 2 bottles of Brownel's famous gun oil. It was sunny with very little rain, and you got the last hotdog at the awards dinner. Hope you had a safe trip home.

I am very sorry that I am missing this match. I had a lot of fun there last year. My son has a high school soccer game on Fri night, and I really try to support him and his activities. I only have him another year and then he will be off to college. I hope my shooting schedule gets freed up then. He keeps asking where he should go to college to play ball, and I keep telling him Wyoming or Utah :roflol: He doesn't think its funny, wonder why?