Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Area 6 Multi-Gun Match - October 2-4!

Mark, Bill, How many pounds did you gain on those brownies? You had to eat most of them. Maybe that's the secret to getting the scores done so fast. "BROWNIE HIGHS" Thanks Cheryl, I did get one.

We saw it as "taking one for the team". Especially with the mini-muffins.

You see, when we ate those delicious banana-bread muffins we realized we were causing the banana growers to plant more crops, thus expanding the rain forest regions, and producing more oxygen. We were, in fact, fighting Global Warning.

At least that's our story and we're sticking to it.

:D

I haven't shot a 3-Gun or MultiGun match in a few years. I generally whine about the time involved when I asked why.

After seeing the stages and being reminded of how much fun everyone was having, I might have to dust off the AR and shotgun in the near future.

Now if I can just find a way to finance the ammo...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget everyone else was scarfing down the carmel-chip cookies!

All the goodies counted as systems programmer crisis food, along with one pack of Lance's cashews. And we needed it sunday morning!

Edited by wgnoyes

All I can say is wow!!.....Great Match!!!

Team Nordic had a blast, even though I shot for crap....the stages were absolutely brillant!!! Ron, was good to shoot with you and Mr. Bond as well.

Darren from Tactical Machining shot in our squad as well for his very very first 3 gun match. I think this sport has another VERY hooked 3 gun sponsor, meeting (for the 2nd time) and shooting with him and his Fiancé was great too!!

I believe the Area 6 Multi will have a very good sponsor support for many years.

Congrats to the entire Area 6 3 gun staff for a very well run match.

Tim

A6 multigun was awesome this year. I was glad to see the multigun format. Thanks to Cindy and Bill for always putting their heart and soul into providing us good matches with excellent administration. Thanks to the sponsors and especially Nordic Components for stepping up in such a big way. Jarmo and Tim.....you guys rock! Thanks to all the RO staff. And some of my biggest thanks goes out to Larry Turner. For those of you who do not know Larry.....without him...the stages we shoot just wouldn't be possible. To you guys that come shoot A6 pistol and multigun matches.....the stages probably look pretty awesome. But for us locals....its just another club match with more competition. We are lucky in the fact that we get to shoot Larry's stages every month as well as the indoor match he sets up every week. The same design and dedication goes into our weekly indoor match. We are truly spoiled by Larry Turner with his excellent stage design and setup talent. I was glad to see him presented with a nice shotgun as a small token of appreciation for all the hard work,blood,sweat and tears that he puts into our matches so that we can come out and have fun playing our game. THANK YOU LARRY TURNER

Wow, what a great time! Thanks to all who made this happen. It was nice seeing my old friends and making some new ones. Squad 6, a real class act, I will shoot with you gents anywhere anytime. I learned something valuable, Benelli recoil springs wear out after you abuse them for 7 or 8 years, who would have guessed that. The rifle stage absolutely rocked, as did all of the others too. Thanks again.

What an absolutely fun match. I must say hanging around Team Nordic makes you wonder how they get anything done during the week! Without team Nordic I wouldn't have been able to shoot my first 3 Gun Match so hats off to Tim and crew for being an incredible amount of help in getting me through the weekend.

Tim is correct in saying the sport has another VERY hooked 3 gun sponsor... I have a ton of fun showing up and talking to people and even more fun shooting with the same people. I await next year very impatiently. Look forward to seeing some of you throughout the year if possible at other matches.

I look forward helping this sport grow through awareness and look forward to sponsoring many, many matches.

- Darren

another great match.thanks to bill-cindy-larry and all who helped.

larry-- if you add all the hours up you have in design and set up time for all thoes matches. the shotgun must be worth at least 10 grand. :bow:

R C

A6 multigun was awesome this year. I was glad to see the multigun format. Thanks to Cindy and Bill for always putting their heart and soul into providing us good matches with excellent administration. Thanks to the sponsors and especially Nordic Components for stepping up in such a big way. Jarmo and Tim.....you guys rock! Thanks to all the RO staff. And some of my biggest thanks goes out to Larry Turner. For those of you who do not know Larry.....without him...the stages we shoot just wouldn't be possible. To you guys that come shoot A6 pistol and multigun matches.....the stages probably look pretty awesome. But for us locals....its just another club match with more competition. We are lucky in the fact that we get to shoot Larry's stages every month as well as the indoor match he sets up every week. The same design and dedication goes into our weekly indoor match. We are truly spoiled by Larry Turner with his excellent stage design and setup talent. I was glad to see him presented with a nice shotgun as a small token of appreciation for all the hard work,blood,sweat and tears that he puts into our matches so that we can come out and have fun playing our game. THANK YOU LARRY TURNER

Thanks for the kind words Tod, I'll do my best to keep pumping out the stages... :cheers:

First of all, I've got to thank all of the shooters that came out and shot the match. I usually get my gratification from the feedback I receive from the shooters... but yesterday I was caught off guard and totally blown away by Cindy and Charles. I was in shock when Cindy called me up and presented me with the FN Shotgun. All that I can say is Thank You.. Thank You Charles.. and Thank You Cindy... :bow: Now I can toss the 590 pump into the safe!

I'm still in shock.... or maybe I'm just tired!... no, It's both... now back to the recliner. :yawn:

another great match.thanks to bill-cindy-larry and all who helped.

larry-- if you add all the hours up you have in design and set up time for all thoes matches. the shotgun must be worth at least 10 grand. :bow:

R C

I'm thinking the shotgun must be worth more like 50K.. :D

I've been at this for a while!

Okay Cheryl.. I swear I didn't eat ALL the carmel-chip cookies! :unsure:

I confess. I had the last 4 on Sunday morning. As I explained to Mark and Bill when they arrived to the trailer after I had consumed them, the early bird gets the worm.

One thing we have not had mentioned yet is the large THANK YOU we need to extend to our lunch provider. I have never been to any match anywhere that offered food like that for only $6 a plate. In fact the only range food I have ever seen even close to being as good is the food Sgt Hampton's dad provides at the FT Benning match.

Well, this match is in the history books now. I enjoyed working & shooting it although my shooting was for crap too. All my equipment worked, now if I could just get the brain in gear, I might be okay :surprise: Thanks again to our awesome Match Sponsor, Nordic Components - Jarmo Kumpula! Thanks to Tim for help & support with recruiting more sponsors, like Darren at Tactical Machining. I was so happy to see Darren shooting the match and having a blast! Without the support of so many people, especially the setup crew of Larry & David Turner, Chuck Neundorfer, and Carl Rainey along with Roger Cash and Tammy Pruitt for that evil shotgun course, Stats with Bill and Mark, and all the ROs, we wouldn't have the same quality match. Thanks to Mike Foley of Shooter's Connection for the kind words and the new shooting bag! Cheryl, the brownies are still my favorite, but the cookies and muffins were good too! The barbeque lunch was done by Fat Daddy's BBQ and you will see them again next April! Thanks to Tod & Rob for help getting the prize tables set up! Last, but certainly not least, a big THANK YOU to all the shooters who came out and shot the match! :cheers:

This was my first out of town match and I had a blast! :) A little more pistol than most of the 3 gun matches I've shot, but that's what I need the most work on anyway. I enjoyed stages 1, 3, 4, 7 (rifle PF was around 390!), 9, 10. Stage 6 went horribly wrong for me! :P

Thanks to all my squad mates for the tips, entertainment, and hospitality. I think Cheryl may have actually talked my sister into giving pistol matches a try. (My sister was there as a spectator.) I capped the weekend off by seeing Metallica at the Phillips Dome on Sunday night, followed by a 6 hour drive home Monday morning.

The two day format was great for us old timers. When the match was over on Sunday, I felt like I could shoot at leasat a few more stages. Larry, the stages were great as always. Great mix, which is always the hallmark of an exciting match. I'd also like to say thanks to all the Squad 3 members. A truly great team. I've never been on a squad that worked so well together. Thanks again Bill & Cindy

• 4 weeks later...