Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bill Maund

Alan Meek

Bill Maund, an enthusiastic shooter and former vice president of USPSA lost his battle with pancreatic cancer on July 10, 2009 at age 75. Bill was the type of person who never shied away from a challenge. When local shooters wanted to become certified as a Range Officers, they discovered that no range officer courses were scheduled within traveling distance. Bill arranged to have Andy Hollar and Chris Edwards teach the RO course in the local area. This was the RO class that provided level one training for Jay Worden and Perry Wilson among others. Bill promoted USPSA new shooter development, dramatically expanded the number of affiliated clubs in the area, and organized area championships. Eventually, he accepted the position of USPSA vice president where he emphasized public outreach, worked at several nationals, and provided the first revision of the original Range Officer lesson material. Locally, no one will deny that the mayor of Madison would have pushed through a gun ban ordinance if Bill had not organized the effort to oppose the ban. The result of that effort led to one of the first Friends of NRA dinners in the country. In addition to USPSA, Bill was also active in retriever training, waterfowl hunting, and fly fishing. Bill was lifetime member of USPSA and the NRA.

Bill Maund, an enthusiastic shooter and former vice president of USPSA lost his battle with pancreatic cancer on July 10, 2009 at age 75. Bill was the type of person who never shied away from a challenge. When local shooters wanted to become certified as a Range Officers, they discovered that no range officer courses were scheduled within traveling distance. Bill arranged to have Andy Hollar and Chris Edwards teach the RO course in the local area. This was the RO class that provided level one training for Jay Worden and Perry Wilson among others. Bill promoted USPSA new shooter development, dramatically expanded the number of affiliated clubs in the area, and organized area championships. Eventually, he accepted the position of USPSA vice president where he emphasized public outreach, worked at several nationals, and provided the first revision of the original Range Officer lesson material. Locally, no one will deny that the mayor of Madison would have pushed through a gun ban ordinance if Bill had not organized the effort to oppose the ban. The result of that effort led to one of the first Friends of NRA dinners in the country. In addition to USPSA, Bill was also active in retriever training, waterfowl hunting, and fly fishing. Bill was lifetime member of USPSA and the NRA.

I am truely sorry to hear Bill has passed away. He and I had many interesting discussions on rules and such. He was a good shooter and a power in the sport here in Area 5 during the early 1990's.

I was able to take some of his work along wth John Wells's to upgrade the Rangemaster program. He also was the person who put together the first Level 1 manual which we improved on over the years.

Bill will be missed.

Jay Worden RM-I

I met Bill 20 years ago when we both took a Mike Plaxco training course at PASA.(Ray Hirst was also in the group) We all had a great time together those 2 days. Bill was a great ambassador of our sport and a true gentlemen. The times I saw Bill after that I was always greeted with a warm smile and firm handshake.

I'll miss you Bill!

My condolences to Bill's family and friends.

Marty Geringer

A-7424

Edited by martyg00

I worked with Bill on several occasions in the early days of my involvement with USPSA. He was always a gentleman and a tireless promoter of individual gun rights as well as USPSA. I'm saddened by his passing.

Troy