Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where do you buy movies on Blu Ray / DVD online?

benos

I do netflix and I als like that fact I can stream movies from my pc to my TV through netflix. Cant do blueray but it beats waiting for some of the movies to arrive. If I really like one that I get from netflix I buy from amazon usually

I always buy movies as they go on sale each Tuesday at Best Buy. They usually deep discount new releases on Tues and Wed. Also, there are always a variety of movies that are cheaper.

Remember, your Blue Ray player should upconvert old DVD's too.

Jason

Not sure if you have Fry's Electronics out there; but they normally put some titles on sale and the new releases during DVD Tuesdays are priced low.
Rent from Netflix (they even have Blue Ray movies for streaming), buy from Amazon or Deep Discount DVDs

Nice - thanks for all the tips.

And yes, the Blu Ray plays regular DVDs - and they look way better than they ever did in a DVD player. The picture has a lot more "depth" (for lack of a better way to say it). Sometimes it feels like you in the movie. Crazy, how the Blu Ray player could do that from the older technology.

be

When you are buying used DVD's and games from Amazon, any Amazon Store you buy from that has "BUYBACKS______" in the title name is coming from one of Steve Anderson's stores, fwiw.

They will always be price competitive, because they use software that reads the latest pricing, and I know they work hard to keep the store ratings up.

When you are buying used DVD's and games from Amazon, any Amazon Store you buy from that has "BUYBACKS______" in the title name is coming from one of Steve Anderson's stores, fwiw.

They will always be price competitive, because they use software that reads the latest pricing, and I know they work hard to keep the store ratings up.

Overall, amazon seemed to be rock solid on pricing.

What do you mean by: "use software that reads the latest pricing"?

be

Amazon is more than just Amazon. There are independent stores that sell through Amazon as well.

The stores that Steve runs are called BuyBack's Entertainment. They are sellers in the "Amazon Stores". If you click/search a DVD title it will come up with listings with various sellers.

They use a software program that crawls Amazon and checks prices of products....so that they can list their particular product at a low price point. (thus, they have competitive pricing)

Amazon is more than just Amazon. There are independent stores that sell through Amazon as well.

The stores that Steve runs are called BuyBack's Entertainment. They are sellers in the "Amazon Stores". If you click/search a DVD title it will come up with listings with various sellers.

I was good on those.

They use a software program that crawls Amazon and checks prices of products....so that they can list their particular product at a low price point. (thus, they have competitive pricing)

Wow. I wonder if the program adjusts their prices automatically, or if someone does that manually.

be

• 2 months later...