Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights for Sig P226

slidelock1

I have an older model P226 that came with factory Tritium sights. I want to use this pistol for USPSA Production class and am looking for a replacement sight set with an adjustable rear sight. I have a P220 with an MMC sight set but am not that fond of these sights, so I'd rather use something else. Does anybody have any ideas????

Why an adjustable rear sight?

I think you'd be really happy with a Dawson Precision fiber optic front and either a Sig factory rear (that's been blacked out) or a Warren Tactical rear.

Well, I'm pretty sure I need an adjustable sight because at the present time I have the factory Tritium sights and at 20 yds the gun consistently shoots four to five inches low and three inches left. I know I can fix the windage issue, but the front sight cannot be shortened in order to raise the P.O.I., so, I'm thinking adjustable sights will correct this problem.

Thanks for your input!http://www.brianenos.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif

adjustable sights arnt the way to go once they are adjusted you will pretty much just leave them. Order a FO front sight a little shorter than the one you have, there is actually a formula out there that will tell you exactly how short. If you are happy with the sight picture I would just buy a black rear like you have next size higher.