Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ion Bond Changes

Sounds like Ryan Flynn may have left Ion Bond and they also increased prices. What are some other options for getting a gun finished in black. Not really keen on spending $400.00 bucks on a finish. $300.00 for the finish and $100.00 for round trip shipping. Anybody got a backup plan?

Sounds like Ryan Flynn may have left Ion Bond and they also increased prices. What are some other options for getting a gun finished in black. Not really keen on spending $400.00 bucks on a finish. $300.00 for the finish and $100.00 for round trip shipping. Anybody got a backup plan?

Chuck,

I had my Limited gun IonBonded through Scott Springer. I have no idea what current prices are.

Chuck,

I had these guys finish my Single stack, they sponsored the ProAm last year. Fantastic job. 1 week turn around time. It is the blackest black I have ever had on a gun. http://www.nicindustries.com/cerakote_video.php

Tom

Chuck,

I had these guys finish my Single stack, they sponsored the ProAm last year. Fantastic job. 1 week turn around time. It is the blackest black I have ever had on a gun. http://www.nicindustries.com/cerakote_video.php

Tom

They're pretty close here in Oregon. How is the finish holding up? Any issues with flaking or peeling? Do you know how thick it is? That was one of the things I liked about the IonBond was how thin it was. Didn't mess with tolerances.

Chuck,

Tom

They're pretty close here in Oregon. How is the finish holding up? Any issues with flaking or peeling? Do you know how thick it is? That was one of the things I liked about the IonBond was how thin it was. Didn't mess with tolerances.

We do CeraCoat here for colored finished on metal, and it is a good spray on, thin, fairly durable, but not close to DiamondBLACK or Hardchrome. We spray it at least once a week, so if you want a sample, just send something over as we always have extra coating in the pot.

Edited by Loves2Shoot