Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jack Farris

Flexmoney

He made it 12 years after being diagnosed with Emphysema.

John "Jack" Farris

ZANESVILLE: John "Jack" Farris, 76, of Zanesville, passed away at 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at Willow haven Care Center, Zanesville. John was born March 2, 1933 in Zanesville the son of the late William A. and Alma Bess Farris.

John was a construction worker working for Pullman Power Products. He was a member of the Anchor Lodge 283 F&AM, Iron Workers Local 549/550 of Wheeling, WV, and was a US Army veteran of the 11th Airborne Division.

John is survived by his wife Nancy MacLaine Farris whom he married January 18, 1980; a daughter, Teresa (Tony) Bowen of Malta; sons, Donald (Ann) Farris of Thornville and Kyle Farris of Powell; and three grandchildren; and four great grandchildren; a sister, Billie Rae (Bob) Harris of Panama City, FL; a step-brother, Eddie Kramer of FL; step sisters, Barbara Olpps of FL and Barbara Abrams of Columbus; a niece, Melody (Alan) Blake of Pataskala; and nephews, Paul and Robert Harris both of Panama City, FL.

In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by his step mother, Mary Farris; and step brother, John Kramer.

Memorial contributions may be made to American Lung Assoc, 1950 Arlingate Lane, Columbus, Ohio 44328.

Graveside services will be held at later date. Thompson-Farus Funeral Home, Duncan Falls is assisting the family

To send the family a note of condolence go to: www.thompsonfarusfuneralhome.com

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dad and Grandfather both died from emphysema and my Mom from an undiagnosed lung disease. My heart goes out to you and your family. Twelve years is a long time to live with the disease.