Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WAP

joshua

Before I yap about anything, hi I'm new to this forum and would like to greet every IPSC shooter out there and thanks to Brian for such a great learning site.  Here it goes, anyone here misses that powder?  I sure do, it was clean burning and just the right speed.  Anyone here ever hassle Winchester about bringing that powder back?  Does the the Superfield really fit enough to take WAP's IPSC role in clean and lower pressure powder?  Just wondering.  josh

I asked Ramshot about it. It is Competition that is similar to WAP (actually made in the same factory that WAP was made in Primex Technologies - the old Olin/Winchester plant). They said that   there are a few changed made in deterents and coatings.

I asked Ramshot about it. It is Competition that is similar to WAP (actually made in the same factory that WAP was made in Primex Technologies - the old Olin/Winchester plant). They said that   there are a few changed made in deterents and coatings.

It is Ramshot "Shilloutette"  load data in the ramshot book is indentical to the Winchester data.  They bought the rest of the batch from Primex when Winchester quit selling WAP.   Same stuff, I am on my 16th pound of it and I load it just like the stuff out of my WAP containers, still chronos the same.  Best .355 bore and 10mm powder I have found, and it seems like I have tried them all......................It is good stuff, try it!  DougC

I actually didn't have a good experience with WAP.  I tried it when it first came out (1995 or so?) in my open gun and it seemed to contain a burn rate control that sandblasted my comp.  You could see quite a bit of pitting on the plates after just a couple thousand rounds, so I quit using it immediately.  

Bret