Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Modifying a mag pouch

g34

I can't find anything in the rule book that would prohibit this, but is it legal to cut an indexing slot into the front of a fobus double mag pouch in production?

Thanks,

-Kevin

G34, I am all for mods on equipment, I do it all of the time. Just recently I purchased 4 CR Spped mag pouches and I am in love with them, I used to use the double mag pouches and they were fine but these CR Speed pouches are far superior. Just an FYI

As I recall, no restrictions on construction or modifications to mag pouches in Production (not counting location and distance).

Not in my rule book either...not that I would think of arguing with the all seeing, all knowing, eye...that's downright scary :surprise:

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

Having only shot 2 USPSA matches (last year) but fairly regularly shoot IPSC, that under IPSC rules for Production I can shoot with a CR Speed holster and mag pouches, but under USPSA rules I have to use a regular holster but can use CR mag pouches.

I feel that if you shoot Production, one should use a regular holster AND mag pouches, ala street stuff.

• 2 weeks later...