Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IMA / SMM3G Rules Revision - 6/27/2009

personally if you are going to have a scope division of HM, then I would like to see, auto shotguns in the optic division, and pumps in the iron sight division only, otherwise you are creating more classes inside of divisions.

Trapr

personally if you are going to have a scope division of HM, then I would like to see, auto shotguns in the optic division, and pumps in the iron sight division only, otherwise you are creating more classes inside of divisions.

Trapr

In the past we have split HM into two divisions - HM Pump and HM Auto, but scored together. But we have had so many requests to have a scoped HM division - that we are now going to split HM into HM-Scope and HM-Iron and the shotgun will be your choice. You can shoot either. Pumps and Autos will compete evenly.

We have found that we will never please everyone. But we sure are trying.

Bob

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

Trapr

I wholeheartedly agree with Trapr's thinking.

Bob, please reconsider this idea, I believe you will find those who want to shoot Auto shotguns are the ones who would want Optics

just as those who run Irons would like pumps.

The result would be two distinct divisions as opposed to sub-classes.

Thank you

Patrick (shooting HM for the last 5 years) Kelley

Bob, what I was getting at was that it would keep you from having to break out pump and auto scores for each division, or were you alluding to people could use either but the scores would not be broken out. At which point I would be stupid to not shoot the class with an auto shotgun.

I truly think that doing it the way Pat and I suggest would keep the most people happiest, and make things easier for you guys. It would allow you to have one prize table for each division instead of one for pump and one for auto, for each division like you did this year.

Either way. I'm looking forward to the match.

trapr

I gotta agree on the Pump/Iron, Auto/Optic breakdown. Otherwise you're pretty much obsoleting the Pump guns. If there is no split, I doubt anyone will shoot pump.

Also if you're looking at changing the rules. I'd still love to see the 1911 requirement go away. I would much rather shoot a G21SF than any of my 1911's.