Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member STI 2011 Calif legal

Calif Mini

Hi all:

I just heard of this forum and was wondering if anyone knows the value of a new California legal STI 2011 frame registered prior to the drop test ban. Frame kit only-new- unused still in the box. No ramp cut. With black grip.

Have considered selling it but don't know the value.

Thanks, Ed

i've heard as high as $800 for STI kits in kali. Finding someone to buy it for that price will be the easy/hard part along with the transaction having to be a PPT transfer.

I picked up 2 for $900 in 2005.

Edited by yoshidaex

i've heard as high as $800 for STI kits in kali. Finding someone to buy it for that price will be the easy/hard part along with the transaction having to be a PPT transfer.

I picked up 2 for $900 in 2005.

I can just about back that up. With that item you have there, new and unused, you could probably get $800 no problem. I traded an $850 M&P certificate for a frame/grip just last year :wacko:

and didn't feel too bad :ph34r:

Thanks for all the responses.

Yea...........California............it's a trip when it comes to guns compared to other states (so I have heard) but I was born and raised here so really do not know about the better places to shoot or.............?? I do know I like the climate...........actually spoiled is more like it and am afraid to venture very far.

I had heard from the LA area dealer I purchased this from that it could bring $850 to $1000 but that was a guess and the real market is set by the buyer at the time of sale. Just like anything else. So I am thankful to all who chimed in.

Thanks again, Ed

Ed,

I'll say this about high dollars and STI frames. I brought a bunch back a couple of years ago and sold them off to friends that "bought in" at cost+$50. Bascially, the $50 paid for the transfer fees both in the state I was living and the declaration fee in California. The left overs I sold for somewhere around cost plus $50-100. I wasn't in it for the money as it's better to help a shooter than charge something just because we can. I've 2 or 3 (can't remember) frames in the safe now and while 1 of them is for a future project, the others are for those that want to get in to our sports and (for whatever reason) do not want to buy a Bar Sto (as they're the exact same thing) or SV.

I guess all I'm suggesting is instead of looking to cash in on a neighbor's pain, maybe breaking even or cost plus 2 tanks of gas isn't a bad way of taking it either. Maybe I'm getting kindler and gentler in my age. :D

Rich