Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Surgery in the morning

BSeevers

This ought to help cheer up "old Speedy Seevers" ................ :rolleyes:

If you shot the AREA 5 match last weekend you will recall a stage called "Can You Get It" which was a 7 round quicky with 1 popper, 2 statics, and a swinger hidden by a no-shoot (activated by said popper). While waiting for the squad(s) in front of us to finish we saw a few shooters double the popper to speed-up the stage.

Well, Bill looks at me and says "at a club match I would triple or even quadruple that popper, just to have a little fun." So I looked at him and said "I bet you wont! ....." :devil:

Well I kinda assumed he was just joking around so I didn't really expect it, but being our last stage of the day I had a sneaky suspicion he might do something out of the norm, and I got the old video camera out.

I was right ..................... ;)

th_Bill100_6243.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

Good luck! If it is any consolation I had the same surgery about 15 years ago. I was in less pain two days after the surgery than when I entered the hospital. After about six weeks it was pretty good. After three months it was excellent and continued to improve for the rest of the year. I've had very little trouble since and only when I forget to lift correctly or sit in the same position way too long. I hope you do as well.

Kent, you moved so well at the SC State match, I never would have guessed.

Obviously your standards for "moved so well" are low but flexible. :rolleyes: Yes, I can run now at a blazingly slow speed and have the flexibility to hit a No Shoot from nearly any position imaginable. I didn't even take up USPSA until years after the surgery. There is no way that I could enjoy this sport before the surgery.

Bill texted me from his hospital bed post op: "Either I made it through or they have texting in heaven".

We talked a little and he is doing fine. If things continue to go as planned he will be discharged tomorrow afternoon.

Heal up soon :)

That's good news - thanks.

Get back in action soon Bill!

be

Oh forgot to mention the 2.5 inch slit in my throat held together by superglue. Help me Billy Mays.

That'll give you the makings for a cool tattoo... :ph34r:

Glad you made it through.

God's speed on the recovery. Having a bad back myself, I would be curious to here your 'range report'.

Positive recovery thoughts inbound!

Edited by TM262