Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saiga...Jims way its almost an AR15

I want those safeties really bad, who did the work on them? Very nice firearm.

Jim did damn near everything on the gun. He really knows his stuff. Just wait. The next incarnation will be even better. He tends to make a prototype play with it and figure out what would work better.

Jim did damn near everything on the gun. He really knows his stuff. Just wait. The next incarnation will be even better. He tends to make a prototype play with it and figure out what would work better.

if he built that gun, then yes he definitely knows his stuff.

My question to jim is, do the AR safeties work well and would he mind if I used the idea if I could find someone to do the work???

Edited by lvjeffro

if he built that gun, then yes he definitely knows his stuff.

My question to jim is, do the AR safeties work well and would he mind if I used the idea if I could find someone to do the work???

I would wait and see what he has planned. His work is top notch and his head is full of ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

This gun (saiga) is evolving by leaps and bounds! Good job. Question for you.

I took a hard look at a friends saiga not long ago that was built for our game and nothing had been done internally. The gun had the cool looks and all the trick mods...we thought however the gun would periodically not cycle so the inspection process began. Specifically, the face/throat of the barrel was just ugly, ie., it had jagged and sharp edges. Seems to me that this could have been the cause of feeding issues. Have you made any mods to the face/throat of the barrel to help the round feed into the barrel?

thx, sw

text edit

Edited by Sterling White