Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gone and Done it!

mike_pinto

Well, I finally did it. I ordered a Triangle. Not your common fat free gun, oh no. I have to be different. I am having a Benny "This son of a b!tc4 will be fast" 5 incher made. I really like the way 5" S_I's feel and point and I like the little bit lighter guns, so he is whippin me up a tri-top SV slide with a short dustcover frame and all the goodies that make a Triangle gun a Triangle gun. Ion-bond for kickin it around the range and his all Alpha guarantee. :roflol: . I am really excited, so I just bought magazines, pads, followers, the ol' trusty Bladetech holster and hopefully some patience until it gets here..

Will post 'em when she arrives..

Mama ain't happy, but oh well!! :cheers:

M

I procured my first, and to this date, only, 2011 from Benny way back in 2002. I'm still shooting the same gun. It's 110% reliable - a finely built machine. When I'm ready for another gun, Benny is going to build it. That reminds me....I have ~50k thru this 40swLimited gun, when/if should I consider replacing?

I procured my first, and to this date, only, 2011 from Benny way back in 2002. I'm still shooting the same gun. It's 110% reliable - a finely built machine. When I'm ready for another gun, Benny is going to build it. That reminds me....I have ~50k thru this 40swLimited gun, when/if should I consider replacing?

If it runs and doesnt break, dont fix it? if it looses its accuracy, just change barrel.

Dont fix something that isnt broken.

Brother Mike - I'm just glad you're not getting a 6" gun. I'm of the mind that 'real men' use 5"ers as we're not compensating. Nick's excuse is that he's a kid and just doesn't know any better. ;)

Rich

I'm on Nicks side 6"ers are better. My gun is better than his though, so...

Good choice, my brother has a Benny 5" fat free and it is super light. The weight won't disappoint you...

haha, i really have no idea, it goes bang and feeds the shiny bullets out of my "clips" so i'm content. Robbie could win with a springfield 6" hi-cap or a 7 round 9mm singlestack, so i'm not sure that the details are as crucial as some believe. lol

Craig, of course yours looks nicer, because I USE MINE!!! :roflol:

:cheers:

Mine looks just like Nick's except it's a tri-top so no hole in the top of the slide. My 6" benny is lighter than my 5" Edge with super light slide. The BHFF weighted out at 37.4 oz, and will run any OAL from factory out to 1.2 (haven't tried anything longer). I had a very minor issue with hammer follow a couple of weeks ago with it. I added some weight to the trigger by rebending the leaf spring and it's ran like a raped ape otherwise (and I see this as gen maintenence not a mechanical failure). It has been flawless. You really can't go wrong with a Benny gun. BTW, posting pics upon completion is mandatory ;) .

yep, mine's about 37 oz. runs all factory ammo, no issues. i love it.

=)

i think i had like 2 jams in ~20k rounds, but there was mud (with the consistency of clam chowder) in my mags during those times lol.

it even ran a round with a cracked case (luckily it was minor). bh limited guns= :wub: <3

Mine looks just like Nick's except it's a tri-top so no hole in the top of the slide. My 6" benny is lighter than my 5" Edge with super light slide. The BHFF weighted out at 37.4 oz, and will run any OAL from factory out to 1.2 (haven't tried anything longer). I had a very minor issue with hammer follow a couple of weeks ago with it. I added some weight to the trigger by rebending the leaf spring and it's ran like a raped ape otherwise (and I see this as gen maintenence not a mechanical failure). It has been flawless. You really can't go wrong with a Benny gun. BTW, posting pics upon completion is mandatory ;) .

Man, if I load any longer than 1.180 with the lead 180 TC bullets I use for practice I get lots of death jams. The bullet hits the rifling and you can see where it is getting caught.

Now I load to 1.160 and use a Factory Crimp Die, it runs flawlessly.

Yeah, sleep is not in the cards.. As far as lead time goes, not sure what the normal lead time is right now.

I tried 3 different 6"ers and just didn't feel right to me. Could probably get used to it, but I really like the light ones that kick like mules and are as ugly as all get out. :)

I will post pictures on the way home from Mikey Cyrwus' place when it comes in. I am thinking end of July, hoping?

Well Mike, I'm right there with ya. Benny started on my open gun about two weeks ago and I didn't ask exactly when he thought he would be finished with it. I figured about two weeks for the parts to arrive, four weeks to build it, two weeks for IonBond. Of course that it just a guess.

BUT I HATE WAITING :angry2: However, I bet we'll be extremely happy with the finished product :cheers:

Edited by rangertrace

Yea, I got tired of being jealous of all you guys and your BHFFs so I ordered one of my own. Came last week, worked up some loads and shot my first match with it today. Not even broken it yet but it ran like a champ. Worlds different than the Para 16-40LTD I've been running for the past 10 years.

Didn't realize there was a picture post rule for all Bennys - so I will proudly comply....

3618321872_f7f9dcc4a5_o.jpg

post-8009-1245633389_thumb.jpg

Pretty.. IonBond?

Larry did a great job on the grip too! I wish I could shoot 6 inchers, I am just a 5 inch kinda guy! :ph34r:

Mags and holster and all the mag guts will be here tomorrow. That is when the real pain will start!

• 2 weeks later...