Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What does a pro shooter make?

I think the guys at the local levels need to work harder to get promoted, televised, covered, and sponsored at the local level. Grow it up stronger from the roots.

It wouldn't hurt to get a few celebrities involved either...

Jeff

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the guys at the local levels need to work harder to get promoted, televised, covered, and sponsored at the local level. Grow it up stronger from the roots.

Jeff

How about "Shooting with the Stars?" Follow the formula of Dancing with the Stars and pair up a Celeb with a Pro shooter kind of like what they do in golf.

:roflol:

Too many of those nuts in Hollywood want our guns taken away. It kills me when I think about all those people making tons of money shooting guns on TV that never run dry and those are the people that want us to LOSE our guns!

Jeff

How about "Shooting with the Stars?" Follow the formula of Dancing with the Stars and pair up a Celeb with a Pro shooter kind of like what they do in golf.

Is that not why Louise Mandrell is now on Shooting USA? Jim Scouten did not just fall off the pumpkin truck yesterday!

Something that could make this sport something watchable is to market it as an extreme sport. I think that is what will draw people to it. When people I know have seen the stuff I have sent them from YouTube, they are suprised this sport even exists. They think it is cool but what keeps them from trying is that many of them are just not "gun people"

Multi-remote cameras throughout a course of fire along with hat/headband cameras and solid sponsorship during something like the nationals following the day's events for the full three days, and giving inside stories as to the competitor's back stories etc.is what we need to be competitive in the market. If you want to make this sport a story and an event, you have to produce it like an event. People will watch something if it is covered in an interesting way. Remember we are trying to showcase this to the generation that grew up with video games. They like multi-camera, chopped-up coverage. I mean look at how many cameras they have for poker of all things. I have worked on several sets for those events and the tables are literally filled with cameras. This is what brings a boring sport to life, cameras and prize money.

But as far as live spectator sport I don't see it really, not unless we do away with setting targets close to the 180 at all. Noone will want to come to a shooting event where you are going to get a hot pistol pointed your way. I know we like to play that way, but I'm talking about the big picture here.

Just my $5.00

JZ